Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > treatment.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2006, 01:27 AM
grady
fac321

Borat
Anyone?

I laughed a whole lot and had tears coming from my eyes twice during the first twenty minutes.
Old 11-04-2006, 02:01 AM
rudydaduck
pulsar

Re: Borat
magic. pure magic. also horror. purest horror that (a) many of these people exist in my country and (b) that many of the people laughing their ****** off at this movie may not realize that they themselves are this movie's targets. in my nightmares / daymares i picture all the golden soundbites of borat converted into themes for drunken fraternity weekends and silkscreened onto horrible t-shirts . yeesh!

that said: i have never in my life laughed so hard in a movie theater. nor have i heard an audience balls-out laugh constantly, from minute one to the end of credits for a movie until now. the closest i came was for a screening of a movie called "the footfist way" which i was shown a private screening of earlier this year but borat tops that by far!

Last edited by rudydaduck; 11-04-2006 at 02:07 AM.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:23 AM
testudo
JunkiesCriminalsFugitives

Location: The international territory and the mighty infamous
It was interesting to me how some people laughed at certain times and then would laugh at others... i speak specifically about the christian thing in the last part.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:26 AM
b.miller
Gentleman Loafer

Send a message via ICQ to b.miller Send a message via AIM to b.miller Send a message via MSN to b.miller Send a message via Yahoo to b.miller
the surprising part for me was how funny the "scripted" (meaning at least planned) stuff was. I thought most of the humor would come from him interacting with unknowing citizens (a la his tv show) but for me the other stuff was just as strong. His night in the bed and breakfast cracked me up.

yeah, really funny movie. can't wait for Bruno!
Old 11-04-2006, 09:56 AM
adam
blue

WHY THE FUCK IS THIS ONLY PLAYING ONE FUCKING THEATRE IN VANCOUVER?! We went midafternoon yesterday to buy tickets and it was already sold out through Saturday. Boooo!
Old 11-04-2006, 11:53 AM
bryantm3
It's Written In The Book!

i saw some clips online. it didn't seem that funny to me. it was just stupid.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:43 PM
b.miller
Gentleman Loafer

Send a message via ICQ to b.miller Send a message via AIM to b.miller Send a message via MSN to b.miller Send a message via Yahoo to b.miller
it's funny. trust... everyone

I'm NOT sure about "funniest movie ever made" or any of that uber-hype though...

and yeah, it REALLY sucks that Fox pulled back their release strategy. A lot of theaters here in texas had their bookings pulled and had to offer refunds to all those who pre-bought. I believe it's going to slowly open in more and more theaters but for some inane reason (probably just to boost the buzz even more by having tons and tons of sold-out audiences) they really scaled back the number of screens... which makes no sense because everyone's crazy to see this movie anyway. It's kind of like when a new console is released but only like 300 of them make it to your city on the release date so everyone's driving around at the crack of dawn looking for one.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:41 PM
Malt Refund
croatoa

HILARIOUSLY funny film! I laughed so hard it hurt my face. It released #1 in America this weekend, so it must be doing well despite not opening in many theaters.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Drix
Re-Member

I guess i have to belive it soon then.. Have seen some clips and they were not really that funny, but i've always liked him, so i'm still looking forward to seeing the movie.
Old 11-05-2006, 05:51 PM
GforGroove
marca libre

I actually think that the bits of Borat's in Ali G's dvd are better than the whole movie.

However...the movie is crazy hilarious and damn freaky. The rodeo part is like "ok so you like to laugh about weird shit or you don't dudes??", as usual what Borat makes in comparison with reality seems much lighter, but i love how he set up the situation to trigger crazyness and take out of the closet the real american inside this kind of people.

Spoilers?? (maybe)

I found interesting how the people (next to me) that were laughing about the gay fight like crazy with his mate, didn't laugh about the gay dudes of the brotherhood in the truck...

Some people definetely got uneasy at some moments...i was more interested in catch the reaction of the audience at some parts.. Some people just laugh a bit with "an original chocolate face" and then laugh insanely with the bear (which wasn't that funny) so i wasn't sure why they didn't played the game all the time if Borat, literally set the rules in the very beggining with the Joke Institute Interview. I guess is hard to laugh of yourself when someone beats that hard...

good. good.
Is there's a Bruno coming up??