Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2006, 03:35 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Coachella related question
so...

long story short - no one in my family never really got around to getting me anything for my birthday last week. my dad sort of jokingly said that he'd let me go to Coachella

but I think that if I plan everything out, he'll foot the bill

what I wanted to know is:

is it worth getting one of the VIP packages? and is there like a better hotel to go to than others in the area? I really just don't want to hassel with getting up early and whatnot just to fight a traffic jam

and Coachella doesn't seem to be sold out... is it?
Old 04-25-2006, 05:06 PM
Crip
without the blue bandana

Re: Coachella related question
I've been to Coachella a couple of times & granted I've never gone VIP but I'd vote against it. Unless you want to meet Kelly Osbourne & Tommy Lee I mean, it doesn't get you any closer to the stage & that's the whole point of going IMO.

Now, if VIP let's you bypass the entrance line to get in then that's a BiG bonus because I'm not a line guy & believe me, there's a line. Beer lines are never bad. Food line's a little worse but if you eat 'off schedule' you're all set.

You best bet for hotels is to call the closest ones to the polo field 2 or 3 times a day & hope for a cancellation. Find out their latest time to cancel a reservation for the 29th because the people cancelling their reservations might wait till the last minute.

Riko can speak to it a bit better as he's a more seasoned Coachella guy...but he may have already begun the trip west...Riko?
Old 04-26-2006, 02:08 PM
TheRev
mouseman

You can always do the camp out thing. Bet its cheaper than a hotel and no worries about traffic.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:26 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

...I thought that there wasn't camping at Coachella?
Old 04-26-2006, 03:58 PM
Crip
without the blue bandana

http://www.coachella.com/camping/?onsite
Old 04-26-2006, 04:10 PM
txjaxx
mouseman

this late in the game, camping would be best for you if money's an issue. fuck the VIP thing - it's nothing special and if you're there to see bands, you won't spend time in there anyway.
tips:
drink lots
eat very little (unless you want to have to use the lovely toilets)
sunscreen
comfortable shoes

that's it.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:12 AM
Riko
mouseman

not much help now, but some VIP passes fell in my lap this year. they're not worth paying for but are nice to have, in my opinion. on the upside, there are lots of comfy couches in the shade where you can relax and cool off during the hottest part of the day, and there were short lines for food, drink and drink wristbands. they also had hard liquor there, which they didn't have in the regular beer gardens (though mixed drinks were $8-$9).

there were VIP areas by the main stage and by the sahara tent, and that meant you could drink beer while watching acts on those stages, which was nice. it also meant we could sit in bleachers and watch the madonna madness in relative comfort.

on the downside, you're further from the stages than you'd be if you went with the masses, and after a while i felt like a bit of a bogus music fan hanging there. so we spent most of our time outside the VIP areas.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:02 PM
Crip
without the blue bandana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riko
not much help now, but some VIP passes fell in my lap this year.
Hate it when that happens

Sounds like you had a great time again man!