Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 10:49 AM
Mia099
river

Could Underworld come to USA?
Hello, as you have probably figured out, I am American. I love your music and different types of music. I love going to concerts. As a matter of fact, I purchased my Voodoo Festival weekend ticket prior to Hurricane Katrina hitting New Orleans. I fell in love with New Orleans earlier this year when I visited for the 1st time and got married there. The Voodoo site has been updated to show that the event has been rescheduled for Memphis, TN this year while they clean up New Orleans. As a fan of yours, New Orleans and concerts, I was wondering if Underworld would join the event? Again, I have purchased my weekend ticket but would DEFINITELY pay additional money should you and others I am asking join the event as I know money that is raised will be aiding New Orleans. Thanks so much! Love ya, Mia099
Old 09-29-2005, 11:32 AM
lectoid
Is that really you?

Re: Could Underworld come to USA?
Taking a wild guess here.... I would think that, especially after the ticket price is set and they are sold, that they wouldn't add anyone to the bill. There would be no additional money to pay them (unless they played for free).
Old 09-29-2005, 05:08 PM
the mongoose
talks to God

Judging from what they've been doing lately (via uwlive.com) they are working a lot now and pretty stuck in London doing the film score and mixes for the winter (?) album release. However, they are going to Japan soon....no reason they couldn't do a one off show here in the US but they wouldn't make anywhere near the money.

Just face it....they hate us.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:09 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia099
Hello, as you have probably figured out, I am American.
You know what, that wasnt the first thing to cross my mind. You're not the first to ask this question, funnily enough. Your countrymen have been stating their desires on this forum for a USA tour for the last 4 months at least. A quick browse reveals this to be so in this thread, and this one too and of course in numerous threads not even dedicated to the subject.

If you keep an eye on the Current Underworld Tour Info thread that is sticky then i'm sure you'll find out when they are playing. A few gigs have even sneaked out before they were announced here but the good people of this forum have announced them in that very thread. I'm sure a thing like the USA tour wouldnt go under the radar.

My thoughts on when the USA tour will go ahead are here.

Welcome to the forum
Old 09-30-2005, 07:26 AM
Jason Roth
The Vice President

If and when they come to NYC, prepare yourself for the second unofficial post-Underworld party that I will be organizing. The first one, at my friends lounge in the Meatpacking district in Manhattan, was nothing less than a resounding success, and lasted well into the daylight hours.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:55 AM
Caprice
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Roth
If and when they come to NYC, prepare yourself for the second unofficial post-Underworld party that I will be organizing. The first one, at my friends lounge in the Meatpacking district in Manhattan, was nothing less than a resounding success, and lasted well into the daylight hours.
if this does go down, i will drive the 600+ miles to get to it.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:42 AM
ndrwrld
blue

i am completely open to hosting a Toronto dirty meet @ my place when they come here.
i live only a 10 minute drive from downtown toronto.
we can taxi it to the venue cheaply, or we can all jam into Samralh's refrigerator.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	p94explor.gif
Views:	253
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	83  
Old 09-30-2005, 12:36 PM
IsiliRunite
de la Michigan

Send a message via AIM to IsiliRunite
Maybe Detroit, to pay some damned respects to the city that was fathering their music before they knew what a DAT was.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:28 PM
Lounger
atop

i would hope that they release the album before the year's end. if not they have us going. any news on this please?
Old 10-01-2005, 04:21 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsiliRunite
Maybe Detroit, to pay some damned respects to the city that was fathering their music before they knew what a DAT was.

owch - thats a bit harsh on a couple of people who have been together over 25 years...

i make that a good few years before detroit became the 'electonic' capital of the world...and anyway detroid robbed techno from Europe...i think Kraftwerk and a bit later New Order (& bands like OMD) were the pioneers to the growth of the techno sound that supposedly originated in the US....

they don't have to pay their dues, imo....