Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2010, 10:44 AM
Dai_Archway
river

Myspace tracks - newbie alert
Sorry if this is real obvious stuff (this is my first ever post on dirty despite having viewed for a while)

I absolutely love the Myspace tracks esp Hm Skyscraper I love you and was wondering what's the best way to get copies/buy of this stuff if at all possible. I also loved the one with the lyrics (Ooooh Ron , Oooh Ro-on) forget the name of it but its not up there anymore. Anyone can point to me to an archive would be pooty happy. Underworldlive seems to be down at the moment as well so that scuppers any buying plans .

BTW after years of listening to UW I finally got to see them live at Global Gathering - you ever seen a grown man cry with frustration?

Dai
Old 04-18-2010, 01:04 PM
potatobroth
bungalow

Re: Myspace tracks - newbie alert
Mmm Skyscraper I Love You is on the readily-available album Dubnobassswithmyheadman. (I'm not familiar with what was on MySpace, but I have a feeling that's what you are referring to.)

As for Oooh Ron, I have no idea what track you're referring. Sorry
Old 04-18-2010, 02:47 PM
vacant
pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth View Post
Mmm Skyscraper I Love You is on the readily-available album Dubnobassswithmyheadman.
Most of the UW Back Catalouge has been out of print in the UK for some time now. Shouldn't be too hard to find in a second-hand record store, but HMV probably won't have it. Shame really, but it makes me think some newly remastered 'deluxe' editions could be on the way???
Old 04-18-2010, 03:02 PM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

of course you can still find the albums easily on Amazon, Play.com or even iTunes.
Not sure about which is the oooh-ron track either...
Old 04-19-2010, 03:39 PM
Champiness
Once again the superstar

Maybe he's referring to the "A-von, Aa-Voon" in Always Loved A Film?
Old 04-19-2010, 07:52 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Hi Dai, welcome to the forums!

All of Underworld's albums are available on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/underworld/id996876

Otherwise, most of the rest of their material is currently out of print, so you would have to buy it on the secondary market.

As for the "Ooooh Ron , Oooh Ro-on" song, my best guess for that is "Spoonman":

If that's the one, then it looks like Dubnobasswithmyheadman is the album for you to buy.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Dai_Archway
river

Sorry let me clarify i meant the tracks on the Underworld myspace page so when I say Hmm Skyscraper I mean the mix that is up there currently. I bought all the studio albums/singles when they were originally released. Good spot - it is "Always loved a film" brilliant brilliant material but can I download this from anywhere?Happy to pay for it

Dai
Old 05-08-2010, 03:20 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

That version of Skyscraper on the MySpace page is available on a fan project called "Bootleg Babies". You can currently download Bootleg Babies from an Underworld Live-focused group called RTSR. You can join the RTSR Yahoo Group by following the information here: http://rtsr.rowla.com. Once you've been approved for the Group, look in the Links section for information on where to find downloads.

As for Always Loved a Film, it's not available for purchase, but you can listen to it (and maybe record it) here
Old 05-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Champiness
Once again the superstar

Oh, yeah. Forgot about that version of Skyscraper; it's epic!
Old 05-09-2010, 05:08 AM
twicezero
mouseman

you can find a version of ALAF with vocals on the Live CD from Brixton Academy (01.11.08). Perhaps someone is selling one on ebay? Or does live here now still have stock?