Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the Boy Boy Boy video?
Love it. This is how you make a video! 11 31.43%
Hate it. What a concept. i could slow-mo my family vids and do this. 6 17.14%
Hmm, i'm lukewarm. 18 51.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2007, 11:12 AM
irishboy
whiplash willy

Re: "Boy, Boy, Boy" video
love the song, not the video i expected but i think that's a good thing. one satisfied punter here
Old 11-04-2007, 03:08 PM
toilet trained
river

i think the song is pretty amazing...i think in terms of single quality, why not...sure its a bit crazy, the structure is hard to pin down...but would be brilliant to hear on rage (oz music vid programme) late night

as for the video...3 minutes of a boy running through a group of people gets a bit boring...like the end 'twist'...but im finding it hard to actually focus on the entire video at all
Old 11-04-2007, 10:45 PM
BeautifulBurnout
MadMinistrator

I had to choose "lukewarm" even though it is more than that, but not "wow, this is how a vid should be done". I am certainly not disappointed with it but it is not the best video I have ever seen in my life either. Nicely done though. A very creative take given what I am assuming is a limited budget compared to some bands. Interprets the essence of the story in the lyrics withoutdoing a word for word film of it. I like it.

And I love the song - I liked it when I first heard it, and it grows on me with each listen.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:33 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
i watched it again, and though maybe "hate" is a little harsh, it's probably my least favorite UW video ever. Though "crocodile" is a single camera shot, the superimposed layers of karl and Rick moving about are very cool, very dynamic, and added on top, the colorful lightshow recalls vid for "Pearls Girl" and "Dark train".

Maybe it's the fact that Larry Mullen Jr. was involved with the percussion, and the kinda late 80's-early 90's feel of the tune, but i can't help seeing the cover of U2's "Boy" along with this running kid.

I agree that the idea of high-fiving on the way to catching the train is "cute", but it doesn't sustain through the whole video. You're left with a disappointed "oh" rather than what could have been a truly cool pay-off to end a rather drab video.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:25 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden
i watched it again, and though maybe "hate" is a little harsh, it's probably my least favorite UW video ever.
cough, dinoadventure3d, cough
Old 11-05-2007, 07:55 AM
mondokat
mouseman

I had some troubles with quicktime, but after I logged in, I viewed the source and copied and pasted this:

http://www.underworldlive.com/member...boyboy_ref.mov

into the address bar and it worked. Not sure what the deal is on the main page, though.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:03 AM
mondokat
mouseman

ok, and now I've seen the video for the first time (and since I don't have OWB yet, I've heard the song for the first time as well). My opinion is that the video is a little slow. If it was about 15-30 seconds shorter, it'd be great, but it drags in the middle a bit. The song is pretty good too, but I think suffers the same problem. It has a nice ramp up about 1/3 of the way in, but then never really goes anywhere with it. Maybe that's the point, though...
Old 11-05-2007, 08:52 AM
cacophony
disquietude

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden
Maybe it's the fact that Larry Mullen Jr. was involved with the percussion, and the kinda late 80's-early 90's feel of the tune, but i can't help seeing the cover of U2's "Boy" along with this running kid.
haha very good point. kid even had a similar haircut, although i might be reaching with that.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:45 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubman
cough, dinoadventure3d, cough
Agreed, that's not the best, either, but at least it has some energy and interesting visuals befitting the track.

In my book, the UW vids (best to worst) go like this:

Rez
Cowgirl
Dark Train
Spikee
Push Upstairs
Pearls Girl
Spoonman
Most 'Ospitable
Born Slippy.NUXX
King of Snake
Moaner
Two Months Off
Crocodile
Jumbo
Dinosaur Adventure 3D
Banstyle
Oich Oich
Boy,Boy,Boy

But, to each their own.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:52 AM
the mongoose
talks to God

Thanks Mondokat....but it's sort of like thanking you for a turd.

Yuck....terrible vid for a great song. Better than the "Good Morning Cockerel" one I suppose.

What happened to the awesome tomato computer graphic stuff.....was V2 footing the bill or something b/c since the EE dvd I've seen nothing AT ALL that compares. Hula Hooping fat fucks, wet Karl dancing in a puddle, and boys running in slo-mo is terrible stuff.....needless to say if that is what Footwear Repairs 2 was comprised of I'd never go out of my way to buy it.......the Jumbo vid was the last great one I suppose.