Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 03:27 PM
the mongoose
talks to God

Re: loads of birds? crocodile as the single...
- Crocodile teaches us how to balance the upperworld and the underworld. They are protected by the sun, but also nourished in the murky waters where they are hidden and commune in ways often unknown to scientists and enthusiasts. They thrive in the shadow and revive in the sun. Their ability to revive on a daily basis is also a symbol of rebirth, particularly the day to day rebirths we go through as we learn and grow.

- The crocodile is connected to underworld gods, and can be considered a good way to connect with Plutonian energies, though if crocodile is already in your life, you are already very likely connecting with these energies. They might have surfaced due to an astrological cycle, or due to tumult in your life, or a signal to move into shadow spiritually in order to understand the darker aspects of your soul.

- Crocodile shares with us the wisdom of tenderness when nurturing our projects and offspring, yet still maintaining ourselves discipline, power and balance. Crocodile can affirm a tendency for tenderness, or encourages tenderness in those who are lacking this. I myself have been learning this lesson from crocodile, who is not afraid of using confrontational methods to teach the value of tenderness in our everyday actions.

As a shadow energy:

The shadow totem is the animal we often fear irrationally, that teaches us things about ourselves that are profound and difficult to confront. Often the traits we fear most within the shadow totem, are the traits that we dislike in ourselves. We must scrutinise why this is, and learn how to work with them.

- You might dislike your own personal power, or your lack of personal power. And fear it in the crocodile. This creature presents a very real threat to our human integrity, and fearing it suggests that we do not trust enough in our own integrity and power.

- Often you might fear your darker side, or more rarely, the side of yourself connected to the upperworld and the sun. You might not wish to reconcile your opposites and live in denial.

Contacting Crocodile:

Crocodile energy is contacted through many methods, not least being meditation and visualisation techniques in order to locate totems and guides. Like all animal helpers, this animal will only appear when right and appropriate, and cannot be forced to visit you, commune with you, or share messages with you. Crocodile will respond to tribal drumming but can be quite aggressive when requested in this manner.

This creature responds to posture, and if you lay yourself down, belly towards the ground and visualise yourself as a crocodile you may have success using this method. Ultimately the method you want to use will work best for you. Crocodile can talk in riddles, or not in any language at all. He is often observed in the periphery of dreams and meditations, and doesn't tend to teach directly often. This totem is less common than others, despite the immense energy and presence of the creature.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:37 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mongoose
- Crocodile teaches us how to balance the upperworld and the underworld. They are protected by the sun, but also nourished in the murky waters where they are hidden and commune in ways often unknown to scientists and enthusiasts. They thrive in the shadow and revive in the sun. Their ability to revive on a daily basis is also a symbol of rebirth, particularly the day to day rebirths we go through as we learn and grow.

- The crocodile is connected to underworld gods, and can be considered a good way to connect with Plutonian energies, though if crocodile is already in your life, you are already very likely connecting with these energies. They might have surfaced due to an astrological cycle, or due to tumult in your life, or a signal to move into shadow spiritually in order to understand the darker aspects of your soul.

- Crocodile shares with us the wisdom of tenderness when nurturing our projects and offspring, yet still maintaining ourselves discipline, power and balance. Crocodile can affirm a tendency for tenderness, or encourages tenderness in those who are lacking this. I myself have been learning this lesson from crocodile, who is not afraid of using confrontational methods to teach the value of tenderness in our everyday actions.

As a shadow energy:

The shadow totem is the animal we often fear irrationally, that teaches us things about ourselves that are profound and difficult to confront. Often the traits we fear most within the shadow totem, are the traits that we dislike in ourselves. We must scrutinise why this is, and learn how to work with them.

- You might dislike your own personal power, or your lack of personal power. And fear it in the crocodile. This creature presents a very real threat to our human integrity, and fearing it suggests that we do not trust enough in our own integrity and power.

- Often you might fear your darker side, or more rarely, the side of yourself connected to the upperworld and the sun. You might not wish to reconcile your opposites and live in denial.

Contacting Crocodile:

Crocodile energy is contacted through many methods, not least being meditation and visualisation techniques in order to locate totems and guides. Like all animal helpers, this animal will only appear when right and appropriate, and cannot be forced to visit you, commune with you, or share messages with you. Crocodile will respond to tribal drumming but can be quite aggressive when requested in this manner.

This creature responds to posture, and if you lay yourself down, belly towards the ground and visualise yourself as a crocodile you may have success using this method. Ultimately the method you want to use will work best for you. Crocodile can talk in riddles, or not in any language at all. He is often observed in the periphery of dreams and meditations, and doesn't tend to teach directly often. This totem is less common than others, despite the immense energy and presence of the creature.

Old 07-19-2007, 04:12 PM
the mongoose
talks to God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang

oh wow, that's crazy.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:28 PM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mongoose
oh wow, that's crazy.
Whatever your doctor is giving you, cut the dose in half. Or maybe double it, I'm not sure.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:25 PM
BeautifulBurnout
MadMinistrator

Awesome, Mongoose. I will listen to this track in a completely different way when I hear it now
Old 07-20-2007, 05:15 AM
beavis14996
river

japanese bonus tracks almost always disturb the composition and harmony of the entire album... they simply don't match to the rest of the tracks...
i will rather download that track than buy