Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2008, 09:45 AM
Tiger
Freaknik!

foals
visited my bro whose at uni in oxford a couple of weekends ago, well i say visited, i'm sure he just wanted a lift home :lol:

anyway he surprised me by having picked up two tickets for foals, couldn't say i was too excited as their cassius single didn't do too much for me and i have an instinctive distrust of virtually all new bands hyped by the nme. God, i'm a cynical ole bastard these days

anyway support band youth movies were interesting, they had some great rhythms in a number of their tracks, but unfortunately these didn't go on too long before the hardcore guitar sounds took over.

however i loved foals, haven't danced so much at a indie dance guitar based gig. love the way the contrasting sounds the guitarists make come together so well over the rhythm sections groove. standout tracks for me were 'hummer' & 'mathletics' of at least thats what the girl stood next me to told me. anyway those tracks are well worth a listen for those interested
You take the piss again and i'll remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath and push it up your cock. Then i'll put some speakers up your arse and put it on shuffle every time i hear something i don't like - which will be every time that something comes on - i will skip to the next track by crushing your balls.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:32 AM
matt
old man einstein

Re: foals
got the album back in february but only really got into it in the last couple of weeks. it's very good indeed and they certainly seem to be living up to the hype. shame that mathletics and hummer aren't on the LP though...

I've also been meaning to check out youthmovies for a while as they keep getting large props over at drowned in sound.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:55 AM
Tiger
Freaknik!

Re: foals
picked up the album over the weekend too and am really enjoying it, haven't got a clue what the singers going on about most of the time; but his vocals do add to the sound so it works. i picked up the limited edition one as it had a bonus disc with a few live tracks & included mathletics & hummer, which i'd still say are their most danceable songs.

played to a mate on a drive to london over the weekend and putting on his muso hat he said if you put bloc party & the rapture together in a room, you'd come up with foals. don't see it myself
You take the piss again and i'll remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath and push it up your cock. Then i'll put some speakers up your arse and put it on shuffle every time i hear something i don't like - which will be every time that something comes on - i will skip to the next track by crushing your balls.