Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 02-29-2008, 03:04 AM
Jamiel
Jamiel

Re: Underworld Live TONIGHT!
I must say that I was NOT impressed by the organisation of the venue, especially for a dance gig.

The cloak room filling up long before the gig started, so we had to carry jackets, or stash them on the hall floor when dancing.

I also found that the bars not selling bottled water to be very stupid. Water and beer was only sold in open plastic glasses, resulting in people constantly having to go through a crowd of dancers balancing open drinks. Consequently the floor was soaked and slippy in places.

The building itself is great, the sound was clear, and Underworld played beautifully, but a little thought about how to run a live venue (for a dance gig, especially) would have made a the show more fun to be at.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:21 AM
Yannick
Mew Mew

sorry for all the spilling
Old 02-29-2008, 04:11 AM
hotpies
river

wow, it only took me 4 months to (re-re-)register! it's nice to be back...
underworld last night were so good. and nice to get some feedback from karl today ("festival crowd").
the set was fantastic - spoonman, banstyle, spikee, cherry pie... god, it was fab! i'm slowly recovering from post-underworld euphoria...
Old 02-29-2008, 07:08 AM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

Re: Underworld; Live at the Roundhouse 28.2.08 (Setlist)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBurnout
Oi, you! Might have been nice to mention that I was texting you - in Seattle - song by song to share this lushness as it happened! A simple "thank you" would have done. Men!

Someone else can bloody do it tonight then, and I shall concentrate on having a good time. Stimpee has an iPhoney - should be easy for him.

OI! i gave you plenty of credit for the duration of the gig and for many hours after as i revised the setlist. i decided to take away all the extraneous commentary and just post the setlist. the only reason this thread will be useful is for people checking the setlist.

i'll re-edit to give proper credit.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:29 PM
lloyd
bungalow

thnx janie and biz
Old 03-02-2008, 04:24 AM
wam
river

Whoauw,
First time I saw Underworld outside the Netherlands(no 11). Was impressed by the building, the sound and the whole setlist. So pleased to hear Spoonman, Cherry Pie and Spikee. With the treasure of a live recording in my pocket I went back to the Netherlands next day. It has taken me days to recover from this magic moment. Thanx to Kirsty and Christian who invited me and showed me around London after the gig. Quiet an enjoyable adventure. Specially to see the fox in the streets.
Hopefully seeing you, Underworld, at one of the festivals (Lowlands!) this year.

Last edited by wam; 03-02-2008 at 04:27 AM.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:54 AM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

Setlist has been updated in the first post to reflect what appears on the CD's.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:28 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

wow ... I can't even picture KOS with Stagger lyrics...
was it the full set of lyrics? or just snippets (like how sometimes Karl will sing bits of "Spoonman" here and there)?
Old 03-05-2008, 11:49 AM
m.g.
teh n00b

Mmm... thanks BLD for the setlist update... though, I'd love to know if this 1'42" before Banstyle has a name... not speaking about this amazing 2'20" improv before King Of Snake (or maybe it's "just" an intro, which could be the best intro for KoS I've ever heard...)
Old 03-05-2008, 12:13 PM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

that first bit of Banstyle (45secs) was also used in Brussels between Cherry Pie and Spoonman.

edit: to be clear, the kick drums and bassline were not used in Brussels but the synth melody above it that starts just prior to the beats dropping out and the vocal sample coming in. that synthy melody was used between Cherry Pie and Spoonman at Brussels. i'm certain the 30-45secs of beats has been heard before but i can't place it.

Last edited by BrotherLovesDub; 03-05-2008 at 12:19 PM.