Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 05:37 PM
Rog
the fuckest upest

why owb is probably the best
.......i think it,s a very emotional album, straight from the heart of rick and karl.....more emotional than any of their other albums. It should carry a health warning that if you are feeling a tad emotional or fragile, it.s beauty can make you well up into tears.....well it does with me anyway, does anyone else agree (or if you want to disagree ai would discuss it with you if you provide the tissues )

This is one beautiful piece of music
Old 11-21-2007, 06:08 PM
m.g.
teh n00b

Re: why owb is probably the best
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog
.......i think it,s a very emotional album, straight from the heart of rick and karl.....more emotional than any of their other albums. It should carry a health warning that if you are feeling a tad emotional or fragile, it.s beauty can make you well up into tears.....well it does with me anyway, does anyone else agree (or if you want to disagree ai would discuss it with you if you provide the tissues )
Even if it's very difficult for me to say that any of UW album is the best, I totally agree with what you're writing here, Rog.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:12 PM
IsiliRunite
de la Michigan

Send a message via AIM to IsiliRunite
I listened to River of Bass again today, and that sees to have some emotional significance.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:41 PM
gillenium

I'm still not sure if it's the best, but it does feel the most honest. It feels as though Rick and Karl took their souls and just pumped them directly into the tracks. When I gave my disc the very first run-through (I turned on my kickass UDO disco ball and let the room dance), I felt a bigger connection to Underworld than with any other album. That's a huge achievement in my book.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:11 AM
bryantm3
It's Written In The Book!

personally i think dubno has the most emotion of all of the albums, especially 'dark and long', 'tongue', 'dirty epic', and 'river of bass'. i can just connect with those songs in a way i can't with the others. the most detached albums to me are probably BF and AHDO, even though they're very good albums, they seem more intentionally dancey than emotional.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:42 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Both Rick and Karl put a ton of emotion into Boy Boy Boy on stage. (I just don't happen to like the oppressive feelings it gives me.) I have video of it that I'll post once I get back to the States.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:22 PM
Ally
Henreeeeeeeeeecat! :)

Send a message via MSN to Ally
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog
It should carry a health warning that if you are feeling a tad emotional or fragile,
Fuckin' right. Don't want to say too much but yeah I've really cottoned on to the sounds of this album in the past weeks.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:43 PM
dog
mouseman

Without sounding like an utter tool, I personally find this one of their worst albums. I initially thought yeah, this is good- but on repeated listens i find it quite a drag. I listen to crocodile, beautiful burnout and boy boy boy and err thats it... There are also a few tracks that are a bit embarrasing (immediately Ring Road springs to mind) and others which are non-memorable and easily skip-able.

I think the reason i've posted this is because i'm so bitterly disappointed having waited so long for a studio release which feels so average...
Old 11-22-2007, 03:09 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

it's got too many flaws to be best anything

it's pretty great though
Old 11-22-2007, 04:48 PM
cacophony
disquietude

the good parts make it some of their best material. the bad parts make it some of the worst.

it's a great album, and if not for the flawed songs plunked right in the middle that kind of ruin the vibe (boyboyboy, cuddle bunny) it would be absolutely top of the heap. i can't remember the last time i listened to one single album this many times in a row without losing interest and deviating to other artists. it's been weeks now and OWB is still pretty much the only thing i want to hear. my lastFM account stats tell the story. obvoiusly there's greatness there.

i agree that it's a very honest and emotional work. there's an intimacy that's absolutely wonderful. it's something of a slow burn and it's a shame reviewers have to chug through a listen and crank out an opinion so fast. i think it would have been reviewed more consistently top-notch if reviewers had taken the time to let the emotional side of the album grow on them.