Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 10:25 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Re: Live album of Underworld�'s Electraglide performance
This is the band taking an experimental step. Instead of praising this, and expressing your hope that this is what will happen at all future gigs, youre moaning about it not being available worldwide and moaning that the japanese get all the good stuff.

Think of it as a step in the right direction.

Meanwhile, lets hope that Yannick manages to get hold of some for a dirty contest so that some of us here can listen to it. Who knows? if the experiment is successful it may be repeated on the as-yet-unannounced 2006 tour, so it will be an extra incentive to go to as many Underworld gigs as possible
Old 11-13-2005, 10:37 AM
Basz
river

Re: Live album of Underworld's Electraglide performance
Stimpee, you´re right about moaning. All I´m saying is don´t kill each other when it´s availible on Ebay.
Let´s just show that when something is not availible worldwide that the fanbase can get access to it in a normal way.
Ans we know that when the experiment succeeds in 2006 we all will get the recordings we want. Because enough bands have shown that this is posssible.

CU in 2006 in Amsterdam, tilburg, where-ever
Old 11-13-2005, 10:44 AM
votingfloater
waukrife

I'm kind of with Stimpee on this.

Ok, it stings a bit that this is only for folk that go to electroglide (as if the line up isn't reward enough ), but it stings a whole lot more that I won't be going to Electraglide. I bet that recording will mean way more to those people than it would to the rest of us. I know that's how I'd feel. And I'd probably get a kick out of that exclusivity if I did get such a recording from an Underworld gig I was at.

If selling recordings like these solely to a gig's audience enables them to do this for more gigs, then great. If it is just a one off, then so be it; I wasn't there and I'll just have to take it on the chin like lots of other stuff I miss out on.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:03 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Re: Live album of Underworld?'s Electraglide performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee
This is the band taking an experimental step. Instead of praising this, and expressing your hope that this is what will happen at all future gigs, youre moaning about it not being available worldwide and moaning that the japanese get all the good stuff.

Think of it as a step in the right direction.

Meanwhile, lets hope that Yannick manages to get hold of some for a dirty contest so that some of us here can listen to it. Who knows? if the experiment is successful it may be repeated on the as-yet-unannounced 2006 tour, so it will be an extra incentive to go to as many Underworld gigs as possible
well, of *course* it's a step in the right direction. no one is going to moan so much to actually think that if they cant get their mitts on it, then it shouldn't be done.

of course giving live boots is a good thing, but it's a bit of a downer to know that we wont see it for quite awhile.

that said, R and K and anyone who knows what's up seem to be bursting at the seam just waiting to unleash all sorts of info and projects and plans and EVERYTHING, so this really just feels like the beginning of a really good run of things.

so y'know, i can wait.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:29 PM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

who knows, maybe they'll release it as mp3 via UWlive. There are already some shows being uploaded right now so there's hardly much reason to complain...
Old 11-13-2005, 11:50 PM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

rather than moaning - the first thing i did was think right how am i gonna get a copy of this...

there are several options:

a) fly to japan - go to the gig - buy album
b) get someone i know to go to the gig and buy album
c) enter a contest if one takes place
d) buy it off ebay when it appears there...

well the first option is out for sure - too expensive (even for me)....i don't know any Japanese people or for that matter anyone going to this gig (except Yannick & R&K ) so option two is out also...
the chances of me winning a contest are remote, but i'll enter anyway,

so my only option left will be ebay...which i can wait for....all good things come to those who wait...

you think that we won't get to see this disc or hear it in the future...come on guys...patience...

and stop bloody moaning about everything that keeps happening...can't we just be happy that UW are releasing records, making new music and touring, it'll all come around to everyone eventually....

moan moan moan....*blah*
Old 11-14-2005, 12:12 AM
Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basz
Why Why Why (hmm, sounds familiar)
[color=DarkSlateBlue] Hello Basz! welcome to the board
Let's hope this is the beginning of a standard procedure!
I know you're thinking of bands like Grateful Dead and Pearl Jam.
I think what's so exciting about this idea, is that it would be great to have soundboard-recordings of the gigs, as we want the best possible recordings of the music we love so much.
And it would be fine if the band we love gets money for it! Now some obscure people and shops on the net make a profit of certain bootlegs, and if the band would release recordings themselves, they could enforce copyrights, and at least sue shops.

m2p [/color]
Old 11-14-2005, 01:26 AM
lloyd
bungalow

As a collector I would love to own the cds, as fan I would love to be able to buy the mp3s (or .flac) We just can wait to see what happens.
But as a visitor of the last 4 shows and a regular reader of this forum, it was a total cooldown when I got home after the dirtyfantour to read all this moaning about little things. People there is a world outside your window, really, just open the curtains and see. It's there.. Or has moaning about that already bored you also?

And yeah, Hello Basz! welcome to the board
Old 11-14-2005, 11:08 AM
Basz
river

It can also be that this has "nothing" to do with UW, but everything with the venue they are playing. I know that there are some American venues that release almost every show from their venue no matter what band. Only if a band really objects they don't sell the show.

If this is the case it's not UW that handles the recording and stuff like that but the venue. Then the chance that we will ever see the mp3's or anything else will be very small.

But then again they are the only band who's show is released.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:54 AM
Pancetta
pinksmile

Somebody get me one please, i'd be a very happy bunny
Wishful thinking...