Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2013, 06:00 PM
Champiness
Once again the superstar

Re: How do you go about listening?
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysugarboy View Post
Long walks in the countryside with an ipod and u/w are a match made in heavan. particularly at this time of year with snow on the ground. Long tracks like 215 miles and Thing in a Book perfectly reflect this. Dark tracks like Luetin and Something Like a Mamma sound superb when, during my walk, I chance upon a remote church or ruin.
That's basically my Underworld story. I find that I listen to some of my "favorite bands" more often in certain times of the year than others, and Underworld are definitely in the fall/winter category. I've already told my story about Showlder, but really all my memories of Underworld songs are like that: sitting in the backseat of a car staring out at a wintry sky in that gauzy time after noon but before sunset, or wandering around my snow-covered neighborhood listening to some bootleg from 2002 or humming Sola Sistim to myself. Even their most uptempo stuff has a really intimate quality to it... I had a wonderful moment of bonding on a wintry night-drive with the " " mix of Moaner. Fond memory-making music if there ever was such a thing.