Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2010, 05:49 PM
vacant
pretty

Re: Underworld @ iTunes festival July 17th
So who was the tall chap in the LCD Soundsystem T-Shirt? Seemed to know all the new stuff, so assume it's someone from here. I was the short guy with glasses in the green Tee standing nearby.

Granted it was annoying that half the kids were only there 1) for NUXX and 2) 'cause it was free, but if it encourages a few of them to check out the back catalogue then it can only be a good thing. I'm too old to be going right to the front anyway (though I did for Orbital at Glastonbury this year)

I've got a few pics and some vids on my camera, no full tracks, and I think the mic in my camera is shite anyway, so sound quality will be poor.

Incidentally, what did people make of the sound quality tonight- I'd heard from friends that the Roundhouse's sound isn't great, but I didn't notice any real problems in there. Apart from Kele sounding flat of course...
Old 07-17-2010, 06:35 PM
khouri
khondo dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub View Post
Why aren't these tracks being sold through UWLive.com? The tracks offered on iTunes are strictly promotional for Underworld. There will be no substantial financial gain from them.
Because UnderworldLive.com is SHIT. I love this band more than any other but their website is the most hopeless, unhelpful mess I've ever seen, and the store functionality is depressing. I don't presume to know anything inside about the UW organization but from the looks of things over the last few years, I'd guess it's a largely DIY operation. Admirable -- if it works, but it doesn't. This is one reason why UW were better off with a proper label, because there it's someone's only job to make sure the music gets to where people can easily pay money for it. It's a massive improvement that UW are availing themselves of iTunes, which is, remember, the biggest music seller in the US (world?).
Old 07-17-2010, 07:31 PM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

I appreciate their idea but I agree with you that it needs more attention. I think UWLive.com has been great for some things and frustrating for others. I am keeping the faith that they'll either enlist some help in getting the shop running properly or get someone at UWHQ to get off their ass and make it work.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:43 PM
Mac Haggis
river

great gig! 11 times now. well happy!!
Old 07-18-2010, 11:26 AM
hypeless
mouseman

I'm a little disappointed the download links were stripped from this thread. Who among us isn't going to buy the iTunes release when it comes? And who among us is going to share the links outside the hardcore-est spotters, us dirts?

Cause if we really wanted to, we could go set up shop somewhere outside the watchful eyes, and interfering hands. If we really wanted to.

Call me American (actually, don't. I'm Canadian and loyal to the Queen :-D) but what about free speech?
Old 07-18-2010, 11:27 AM
hypeless
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeless View Post
I'm a little disappointed the download links were stripped from this thread. Who among us isn't going to buy the iTunes release when it comes? And who among us is going to share the links outside the hardcore-est spotters, us dirts?

Cause if we really wanted to, we could go set up shop somewhere outside the watchful eyes, and interfering hands. If we really wanted to.

Call me American (actually, don't. I'm Canadian and loyal to the Queen :-D) but what about free speech?
Pardon me. It's my birthday and I was really looking forward to a stream rip to tide me over until the release stateside. Like to pretend I'm king of the world today...
Old 07-18-2010, 11:59 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Always Loved a Film:

Old 07-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Andrea
light at heart

Oh!! Big big thanks for the video!
Old 07-18-2010, 02:00 PM
ThingInABook
vision

found these while searching for some reviews, it seems the gig was amazing!

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/102951523/Redferns
Old 07-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Downpipe
Always Loved A Film
Nu Train
Two Months Off
Scribble
Bird 1 (Strumpet on setlist)
Rez/Cowgirl
Between Stars (Between the Stars on setlist)
Diamond Jigsaw
King Of Snake
Born Slipp.NUXX

I was mulling arounf the back near sound desk in a white tea-shirt with ice creams on it. Tomorrow I need to review it. Should be fun!