Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > world.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2009, 06:33 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

Re: Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize
nice piece. but unfortunately, the right certainly are getting more and more 'deranged' about everything and everything. check the levels of paranoia in this fox 'debate'
Old 10-26-2009, 10:19 AM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by //\/\/ View Post
nice piece. but unfortunately, the right certainly are getting more and more 'deranged' about everything and everything. check the levels of paranoia in this fox 'debate'
Holy crap. Some of the comments from your link really should be posted here so they don't get lost as more are added.

First, the brief survey Ian linked:

Do You Think H1N1 Is a National Emergency?
President Obama declared a national emergency Friday related to the outbreak of H1N1 flu, allowing health officials greater leeway under federal regulations to respond to the virus. The virus has claimed the lives of 1,000 Americans, but it isn't clear yet whether the outbreak will be any worse than the annual outbreak of seasonal flu.

* Yes, we should prepare for the outbreak to get much worse
* Yes, though the outlook isn't as dire as it sounds
* No, but I'm still concerned about the flu's spread
* No, the outbreak is little more than media hype
* I don't know

Then come the comments:

atlanta100
Georgia

This declaration is total Obama hype to scare people into believing his healthcare reform fairy tales. He is a pathetic leader who needs to manipulate and scare people for his political domination. H1N1 is less serious than antibiotic-resistant TB which is around many of us everyday. Time to insert some calm and rational thinking into the H1N1 plans.
__________________________________________________ ____________

dianeplantation
Virginia

FOX is the only network to break this news at this time - so much for the allegation that FOX isn't a news network! Well, the H1N1 has been declared a pandemic, so why is the current administration so shocked that we would need extremely large number of doses to cover us all? Or do they want fewer Americans to deal with? Thank you Fox once again for keeping us informed!

zman61
South Carolina

I think it's a matter of "never waste a good crisis" "never let a good crisis go to waste" They already have Clinton's secretary of state mentioning bringing in the military to "maintain control" get used to this king of thing from Dear Leader Chairman Maobama

donaldc

THEY (THE ADMIN. MEDIA) CAN SAY WHAT THEY WANT. WHERE ARE THESE 1000 PEOPLE THAT DIED FROM SWINE FLU?, WHY DON'T THEY SAY 10,000. ONCE A LIAR ALWAYS A LIAR. THIS IS ONLY A STEP TO QUARANTINE THE SHOOL KIDS AND THE WORKERS OF AMERICA. WHEN THE SCOOL KIDS STAY HOME, THE PARENTS WILL HAVE TO PAY, DAY CARE OR THEIR JOBS. THE WORKERS STAYING HOME WILL BREAK MANY COMPANIES.

soulpatch
Pennsylvania

it's not an emergency it's an insurgency... of fear mongering

But then, a light shines through the darkness....

indythoughts
Texas

The regular flu normally kills senior citizens that alrady have other issues that make them more likely to die from it. This strain of flu kills young people and is much more deadly for pregnant women. That is why it is a national emergency. This is just the very beginnning of flu season and over 1000 kids and young adults have died. Burying your head in the sand won't save lives and the flu doesn't check for affiliation with a political party. Last but not least, the stimulus package originally had 1.5 billion to prepare for a fly
(I assume he meant to write "flu") pandemic. It was stripped out at the request of Republicans when Obama was trying to get bipartisan support to rescue the economy. This is why the country can't afford to go back to Republican leadership.

Thanks for restoring some tiny bit of my faith in people, indythoughts. And thanks again for the link Ian.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:10 PM
//\/\/
slogging it out

sadly, you know the same people would have been shouting 'bush derangement syndrome' as some sort of dismissive defence when far more pertinent issues were raised...
Old 12-10-2009, 02:31 PM
Rog
the fuckest upest

"war is sometimes necessary", "oh, thanks for the peace prize"

incidently, do think obama knowing he was going to oslo thought......" while i'm here i may as well pop to copenhagen for a carbonara....er i mean carbon footprint type thing".......hey where's my nobel prize for economics?