Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2009, 07:14 AM
Dunwho
Big Time

Re: Los Angeles Gig Terminated By Police (8/8/09).
Like i said in the moments thread, its a real pity and a let down for all you dirts who have been waiting for so long. Thank god nobody seems to have been seriously injured.

Maybe you'll be lucky enough to get a make up gig of some sort!
Old 08-09-2009, 09:38 AM
darktrain
powered by robuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Year Of The Snake View Post
Or, perhaps, persuade your next L.A. venue to honor the tickets we paid for with our blood, sweat & tears?
And then THAT gig would be oversold, too!

I want the complete opposite: Do it NIN-style and ONLY sell tickets through underworldlive. Keeps the riff-raff out.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:11 AM
Rabbitwork
river

Like I posted in the moments thread; this was just a travesty. I left (thankfully minutes before the police entered) feeling more sad than angry. I genuinely felt bad that UW didn't get to take the stage, and I felt bad about all the other musical acts that were left in the dust. The whole arena just had a very negative vibe going about it, and I'm just glad that so far there haven't been any reports of serious or fatal injuries. I just hope that the opportunity presents itself for the guys to come back to LA or somewhere in the southwestern US soon. Was all psyched up for my first UW show.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:57 AM
the mongoose
talks to God

The only thing that will make this right is for UW to immediately announce a completely free US tour with at least 4 dates in Atlanta.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:06 PM
In The Year Of The Snake
river

To sum up some of the vibes of this thread, if this was to be your first UW gig, well that just sucks *mindblowingly*. But I do feel you, and I feel totally safe in saying that you will definitely get your chance again.

About doing another show in L.A. soon, just a guess, but I'm going to go with "not going to happen". As frustrated as I am, UW had absolutely nothing to do with what happened, as has *always* been the case. Rick & Karl are the furthest from irresponsible as you can almost get.

Though I wasn't there, I saw the SF gig via stream and it was bloody brilliant! I'd say that gig more than makes up for this travesty. Also, though I dearly, dearly want to see UW more than anything like, right now. To abandon selfishness is a good thing, so I think if anything (trying to be the shepherd, not the tyranny, here), the east coast deserves a shot before UW goes back. I'm in San Diego, and I no longer have any truly great friends on the east coast, but there's a lot of fellow Dirts over there just waiting to say "hullo" to UW for the first time.

..been kicking around the desert alone for years.

Last edited by In The Year Of The Snake; 08-09-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:08 PM
In The Year Of The Snake
river

Or Atlanta.

I love that city sooo much. Only been there once, walked all through it's streets one lovely night, though. And the Masquerade is the best club in the universe.

Old 08-09-2009, 12:11 PM
MissBianca
river

As I waited for an hour in line, I saw a mass amount of "kids" jump the chain linked fence, running towards the entrance doors. They looked like ants marching towards a picnic snack in a hot afternoon. The security closed the entrance. As my friend and I patiently waited for people to leave a small asian kid od's on acid next to us. We walk up to the security and explain "were too old for this" and wanted to only see Underworld. As they could clearly tell that we were not violent, they let us in without taking our ticket. Happily we awaited to see Underworld who rocked our minds back in 1996 at Organic in the LA mountains. As we walked into the Forum however, the dream became a nightmare of uncontrollable mayhem. Kids flopping over like fat over a tight belt, unorganized security with no authority or crowd control...yet we still didnt care. We want Skyskraper I Love You! We want Dirty Epic!

As we sat for those 2 hours, everyone under 30 seemed to wonder who this "underworld" was on the flyer...me and my bestfriend snickered and hoped that they could see for themselves. So we sat and waited and watched for 2 hours as the LA Marshalls and SWAT team in full gear closed down the event.

I feel bad for the lack of crowd control of this event and can only wish and hope that Underworld will hold a show for those of us "veterans" down for the Dirty before leaving L.A. (America) or come back. You can stay at my house and I'll cook you tofu burgers and take you to Dim Sum! CIAO!
Old 08-09-2009, 12:18 PM
In The Year Of The Snake
river

MissBianca -- Another brilliant post.

Old 08-09-2009, 12:23 PM
crazysugarboy
pants

This sounds dreadfull! I just hope no one was hurt - unlike poor Rick at Athens
Old 08-09-2009, 12:23 PM
cured
sikk

I wasn't the only one complaining before the fact about the HARD promoters or the people they attract but I didn't expect this to happen. I got there around 9:30 and was hanging outside with a buddy when we heard a girl start screaming "STOP THEM!" and watched as two guys, maybe 18 years old, running off with someone's purse. A minute later, this huge crowd of ~300 or so marched passed us in full-on angry mob mode.

I had a VIP ticket so I just walked into my area and discovered that a large group of people had over-run security at one of the areas and stampeded through the kitchen of the Forum Club, through the bar, and were trying to force their way into the arena. A bunch of security evidently put the hammer down and a bunch of people were either arrested or thrown out.

I didn't hear any music and around 11 the bartender told me the fire marshall told him not to serve any more alcohol or he'd be fired.

It isn't so much the Inglewood PD (a lot of LAPD were hired for this) but the fire marshalls who have more authority than President Obama who controlled this party. I'm not surprised in the least they shut this down but am surprised it took them that long. Kids these days, especially in the LA area, are an utter disgrace. Gary Richards, the promoter will hopefully be bankrupt.

Rick and Karl, don't play any more massives out here!

I feel bad for people who came all the way to LA to have this happen to them. It was a very weird weekend starting with the crowd of about 300 (?!?!) who showed up at the Hard Rock. Bizarro weekend, indeed.