Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2009, 03:58 AM
Tiger
Freaknik!

HOLY FUCK
i'm sure this band must have discussed on here, probably in 2007 when their album came out, but i only caught them live in oxford on friday night. how the fuck :roll: are they not absolutely huge. they took a small room in oxford which was full of about 200 people, probably tired/bored/quiet from work/life and within a couple of songs had the place absolutely jumpin very few bands have got me dancing and screaming like a loon, and i was completely blown away, just like the crowd who really got into it and made a lot of noise.

difficult to describe their sound as its very individualistic while at same time referencing lots of genres. basically you have a drummer and bassist who lay down the rhythm, while up front two guys make crazy bleeps and bobs from keyboards and various other electronics. they have the energy of a peak time techno/drumnbass dj melded with the intensity of a proper rock band

bought their album at the end and listened to it at ear splitting volume on the way home, absolutely fantastic. they are now on my list of bands to catch whenever they tour.
You take the piss again and i'll remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath and push it up your cock. Then i'll put some speakers up your arse and put it on shuffle every time i hear something i don't like - which will be every time that something comes on - i will skip to the next track by crushing your balls.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:26 AM
Dunwho
Big Time

Re: HOLY FUCK
Yea, i heard bout them from a guy at work and bought the Holy Fuck EP which was pretty impressive. Very high tempo and sorta like the Go! Team on speed. I say the go team because these guys love the reverb and clearly like noise a bit too..

Thats why i dont think they have really exploded as much as they should have after performing at places like glastonbury and what not. Because the first time i saw them was at glasto, was really looking forward to hearing the tracks id got on the EP and they did play them, but they didnt hold back on the reverb and what with the size of the new band tent the sound just bounced around endlessly and all you could hear was madness.. nobody got into it, and you really couldnt decipher what you were listening to if you hadnt already heard the tunes. So i think they are suited to small rooms where their sound wont bounce around as much...thus smaller rooms, less people but better gig....big rooms more people but they sound bad...

thats why i think they havnt done as well as they should. But perhaps their just working on some new material or something.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:49 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

And the lead singer likes to get naked! If your in to that sort of thing.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:18 PM
maus
river

Send a message via AIM to maus
i would also hazard a guess that their name, as cool as it may be, likely holds them back from any large-scale marketing.

c
Old 05-17-2009, 09:00 PM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

if only. lolololololololololololololololo&lol.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:23 AM
mmm skyscraper
fac123

The video for milkshake is pretty cool.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:17 AM
Tiger
Freaknik!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunwho View Post
Thats why i dont think they have really exploded as much as they should have after performing at places like glastonbury and what not. Because the first time i saw them was at glasto, was really looking forward to hearing the tracks id got on the EP and they did play them, but they didnt hold back on the reverb and what with the size of the new band tent the sound just bounced around endlessly and all you could hear was madness.. nobody got into it, and you really couldnt decipher what you were listening to if you hadnt already heard the tunes. So i think they are suited to small rooms where their sound wont bounce around as much...thus smaller rooms, less people but better gig....big rooms more people but they sound bad...
my mate also caught them @ glasto and was slightly underwhelmed; so he was really surprised by my gushing praise when i told him how brilliant they were so maybe you've a point and their sound being better suited to small rooms
You take the piss again and i'll remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath and push it up your cock. Then i'll put some speakers up your arse and put it on shuffle every time i hear something i don't like - which will be every time that something comes on - i will skip to the next track by crushing your balls.