Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2014, 05:33 PM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

New Merchandise in the UW Shop (from Royal Festival Hall show)
http://underworldlive.spinshop.com/

Saw this from the band's Facebook post today:

'Roll up! Roll up! We have now updated our shop with some great new t-shirts, bags, posters and a exclusive set of 3 art prints by tomato… Available here: http://underworldlive.spinshop.com. While your browsing there’s some great music still available to listen to for free, the 6mix is available for another 12 days (http://goo.gl/zwJRsr) and Underworld’s Maida Vale session is up on the iPlayer for another 10 days (http://goo.gl/nd0bqq)'

There are some t-shirts with the Royal Festival Hall date on the back, but only a small if wanting a Men's shirt.

There's also totebags, and a Royal Festival Hall poster. The Tomato prints listed are pretty pricey though.

=Jason
Old 10-28-2014, 07:06 PM
negative1

Re: New Merchandise in the UW Shop (from Royal Festival Hall show)
tried ordering the fridge magnets.

no luck.

later
Old 10-29-2014, 06:23 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

as a collector of prints, and as a collector of Underworld, I still couldn't get myself to buy those prints. With all the amazing artwork that came out of that era, those prints are pretty low on the totem of visual wonder.

Quite frankly, they're boring. Conceptually they're fine, but visually, they're quite dull.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:04 AM
whatmakesustick

[QUOTE=Quite frankly, they're boring. Conceptually they're fine, but visually, they're quite dull.
[/QUOTE]

I think they're great as a set.

Bungalow With Stairs 1 is also up there.

Last edited by whatmakesustick; 10-31-2014 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:53 PM
potatobroth
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatmakesustick View Post
I think they're great as a set.

Bungalow With Stairs 1 is also up there.

Well conceptually as a set i get it in the same way that I get underworld's lyrics. but of all the artwork from this generation of UW/Tomato, is that the print set you would want to display?

(i ordered the gig poster and the tee.)
Old 10-31-2014, 03:32 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

I get what you are saying, but I think this retrospective era needs to be separated from the era it's looking back upon. This is NOT 1994, this is 2014 looking back at 1994 and should be treated as a distinctly different beast. Ideally if I had a magical money tree and the space, I'd have this displayed opposite dubno era stuff.

Compare the stuff projected at the RFH gig to the 94 paradiso gig and this works.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:03 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpig View Post
I get what you are saying, but I think this retrospective era needs to be separated from the era it's looking back upon. This is NOT 1994, this is 2014 looking back at 1994 and should be treated as a distinctly different beast. Ideally if I had a magical money tree and the space, I'd have this displayed opposite dubno era stuff.

Compare the stuff projected at the RFH gig to the 94 paradiso gig and this works.
I'll agree that it works, but only as a series of fast-moving images. Pausing on these is just kinda blah.

Before I'd seen the prints, I was scouring eBay (uk and us) looking for someone who bought them and may have had second thoughts. Then I received the email saying that UW would be selling all leftovers via UWlive and i got positively giddy. Then I saw them and decided, eh, they would just lay in my flat-file for years and years.

All that said, i'd LOVE to have prints of those ink-smears from the STITI era

EDIT: or this. I'd flip for prints of this: http://www.underworldlive.com/wp-con.....tokyo-01.jpg

Last edited by potatobroth; 11-03-2014 at 07:21 AM.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:04 PM
khouri
khondo dweller

I agree with Potatobroth; not impressed at all with the new artwork for the Dubnobass reissue or shows. The gig poster itself is good enough to hang on the wall for a while, but overall I'm really disappointed Tomato didn't use this as an opportunity to really trick out the vintage artwork in a new book, prints, shirts, etc.