Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2014, 12:32 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Next proper Underworld release predictions
By this I mean studio album. Not solo work, collabs or TV/film work.

Personally, I think that the next UW album will be the last. Think that some of the live gigs have shown, they are still enjoying themselves , but the static setlist isn't pushing them. Are a lot of positives post Olympics with two solo albums, Ricks recent Babylon stuff, Karls future collab.

The recent Drive The Road app showed that they haven't gone completely ambient on us with the unreleased Swing Up High given a new lease of life. See Bamboo for more goodness that's not officially on a release.

I predict a double album of ambient/upbeat tracks in May 2015 with one final blow out tour, ending somewhere in London with an all night extended show.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:08 PM
potatobroth
bungalow

Re: Next proper Underworld release predictions
whats Swing Up High?

And my gut agrees with you. My gut is also sad.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:39 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

http://www.underworldwiki.com/Swing_Up_High

No one seems to have posted it anywhere, but I used it as the soundtrack on this video:

Old 02-25-2014, 10:39 AM
crank
I'm a big sister

yeah, sadly, i'm guessing with this new life Karl has as a solo artist that Underworld are basically over as we know it.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:58 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

They continue to use the Underworld infrastructure to promote all these side projects, so that in and of itself makes me think that they are not done.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:41 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
They continue to use the Underworld infrastructure to promote all these side projects, so that in and of itself makes me think that they are not done.
I'm with him on this. They keep it's pulse going for a reason, and I doubt it's just publicity.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:02 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpig View Post
I'm with him on this. They keep it's pulse going for a reason, and I doubt it's just publicity.

well its easier to promote stuff by saying Karl Hyde from Underworld, rather than Karl Hyde 'solo' - we all know who he is but i suspect the wider world are still ignorant of the fact that the people in the band UW have names, hence the Underworld name still exists.

i'm not expecting an UW album anytime soon - suspect it'll be a couple of years after rick and Karl have finished doing biggish solo stuff...
Old 02-27-2014, 08:02 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
http://www.underworldwiki.com/Swing_Up_High

No one seems to have posted it anywhere, but I used it as the soundtrack on this video:

I'd never heard this! ah, love when there are surprise tracks that pop up like this.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:28 PM
crank
I'm a big sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by big screen satellite View Post
well its easier to promote stuff by saying Karl Hyde from Underworld, rather than Karl Hyde 'solo' - we all know who he is but i suspect the wider world are still ignorant of the fact that the people in the band UW have names, hence the Underworld name still exists.

i'm not expecting an UW album anytime soon - suspect it'll be a couple of years after rick and Karl have finished doing biggish solo stuff...
This.
It sure seems like they are done. Normally we'd have had web casts, radio shows, mixes, something... last year and the year before- not much of anything other than the olympics stuff. Odd there was no remixes of the new stuff, no?
Old 02-27-2014, 11:00 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

There was the VW thing and they were doing shows through most of last year (and obviously enjoying it quite a bit still) and when you look at what they were doing (Frankenstein, Olympics, Babylon) there's not much to discuss publicly really. Even Edgelands didn't lend itself to fan interaction as it came together in a matter of weeks. We had Karl's mixes through '12 and '13 on the radio as well. And while it isn't much, it still is. I really don't think the two of them are done living life and creating together, which really means Underworld isn't done; it might be a mk 4 (or 5 or 6 or whatever) but there's no way they're done creating together, whatever it is they end up creating.

All that said, it is very very quiet.