Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2014, 07:38 PM
khouri
khondo dweller

Re: Mmm…Skyscraper I Love You (Live Jam Kyne rd)
Holy shit, that clip is fantastic. I need to see the whole thing. DANCING GIRLS ON UNDERWORLD'S STAGE???
Old 09-18-2014, 06:08 AM
robotusch
mouseman

Personally I'd do some rather drastic things to see the full version of this...:
Old 09-18-2014, 03:05 PM
khouri
khondo dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotusch View Post
Personally I'd do some rather drastic things to see the full version of this...:
I miss that version of Bjork.
Old 09-26-2014, 12:56 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunwho View Post
I've always felt that ME was a deliberate nod to their MK1 roots... keeping the door open to get back to that at some point maybe, but clearly the whole MK2 electronic vibe really took off in a big was and Dubno was just the beginning.

To be honest I listen to some of Hyde's solo work recently and the lyrics on Barking - It is not far off the vibe that they had in MK1 ... I really feel it has come full circle recently, and the Dubno gig/release that we have now could actually be the cycle echoing itself... they are rediscovering the tracks, remembering the time they made it and the emotions.

Perhaps we will get new material soon that will embrace that same electronic vibe and we'll get some more house / techno tracks with Karl's vocals deeper in the mix than they have been recently.
Karls diary from today (Friday the 26th) talks fondly of dub no and stiti and a desire to head in a less lyrical/vocal/front man direction. We may just be seeing a return to some older production and artistic values.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:08 PM
swift
suave. swell. swindle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
What Mike said. live video footage is amazing. that video from 1994 from the paradiso for example, blew my mind. that whole gig should be released...
i was there, then, and it was truly amazing. i agree they should release the whole gig, if it exists... i was eternally happy when this showed up on youtube.

however, four days before, on 31.03.1994, underworld played at tivoli, utrecht (also netherlands). i was there too. this is, to this day, the best concert ever in my life. topping my first kraftwerk concert or autechre and orbital on the same night in amsterdam. this utrecht concert has somehow always been underneath the radar. i posted questions about it on the forums many years ago (when i was somewhat in a more talkative mode) but no one knew about it. it even never appeared in any gigography. since tivoli put up their history online at least there is proof that i did not dream ( http://www.tivoli.nl/tijdmachine/ind...art;event=1249 ).

but anyway, as i recall, the paradiso concert, four days later, relatively disappointed because the songs were so recognisable. even as the paradiso clip sounds so free and improvised now, the utrecht gig was much more improvised, mixing the different tracks much more radically. later, i heard the recordings of for instance the tramway 1994 concert, which comes close to the experimental feeling, but still i think that utrecht 1994 was more of a total jam. certainly more than amsterdam on the monday after. so i am still waiting for footage coming up from tivoli. no idea if it exists.

one thing i still vividly recall from utrecht is a vocal sample that i heard at that moment as "call me reeeeeezzzz" (indeed during a part which was 'rez'). i have never heard that ever again, nor live or in all the recordings i listen to. would love to hear that again, at least to prove my memory is right.

whatever underworld is going to do at the dubno-tour (and in the light of what i read from karl about his thoughts about singing etc) i hope they interpret the 'album' also as the attitude which they had in that time. translate to 2014, even better. but improvise along.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:02 PM
Mike
born013

Swift,

Thanks for the valuable information, I have updated the Gigography accordingly http://uwlive.rowla.com/gigs/view/497

Sorry I missed your post back in 2006 http://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4169

If you have any more information to add, please let me know.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:20 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Mike, you're missing a gig. The Skyscraper video you linked on the Gigography is from 1994-04-02. There were TWO Paradiso gigs in 1994.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:02 PM
Mike
born013

Thanks for clearing that up Todd. I just thought that the date was wrong.