Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 11:35 PM
the mongoose
talks to God

Re: "keep it simple... one foot in front of the other... who loves to be touched"
Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion
yea - it was mongoose

Yep.

Click

Oooooold news.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:59 PM
hippy dave
mouseman

Re: "keep it simple... one foot in front of the other... who loves to be touched"
Quote:
Originally Posted by galama
IABSAIAGAIAPATIMH
bless you
Old 10-23-2007, 01:09 AM
Blueski
árni grétar

Send a message via MSN to Blueski
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3
this is audible at 19:00 and on to about 22:00 or so in "I'm a big sister, and I'm a girl, and I'm a princess, and this is my horse". it's extremely vocoded and way in the background, though.
i was just listening to this today, it's very strange, the whole thing. it's much different from 'pizza for eggs' and 'lovely broken thing'. much more experimental, it's like stream-of-conciousness writing in musical form. it reminds me of when i was bored when i was little and i would put my hands over my ears and close them and open them making a 'ah-ah-ah-ah-ah' sound... the whole thing is like listening to someone's head. very cool.
What a great find! Nice to know. And it's true, "Girly Princess" is a lot different than the other two Riverruns.

I just listened to it again the other day for the first time in some months and I had forgotten how low key and experimental it was. It's a great run.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:41 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueski
What a great find! Nice to know. And it's true, "Girly Princess" is a lot different than the other two Riverruns.

I just listened to it again the other day for the first time in some months and I had forgotten how low key and experimental it was. It's a great run.
I agree. Every time i hear that RiverRun, new pieces emerge for me. All three of the series (not counting Misterons) have unique vibes to them and conjure up different memories. For me, hearing "Lovely Broken Thing" will always remind me of running home in the fall rain in Ithaca, NY, listening to the disc the day it came out, the real rain sounds mixing with the recorded sounds before Lenne Penne. "Pizza For Eggs" seems colder, gray, and was in my car in the winter, visiting my grandmother at the nursing home before she passed away. "I'm a Big Sister..." filled my headphones in hotel rooms in Holland last fall.
Music truly is the soundtrack to your life. i feel fortunate to have had great tunes from UW score many moments.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:41 AM
negative1

i really only listened to these briefly when they came
out...

now, i'm digging into them hard now...honestly,
there is so much variety and creativity in these
compared to the new album...

really, they should be re-released and pushed out
more..

later
Old 10-23-2007, 08:09 AM
Cadevil
exilio

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden
I agree. Every time i hear that RiverRun, new pieces emerge for me. All three of the series (not counting Misterons) have unique vibes to them and conjure up different memories. For me, hearing "Lovely Broken Thing" will always remind me of running home in the fall rain in Ithaca, NY, listening to the disc the day it came out, the real rain sounds mixing with the recorded sounds before Lenne Penne. "Pizza For Eggs" seems colder, gray, and was in my car in the winter, visiting my grandmother at the nursing home before she passed away. "I'm a Big Sister..." filled my headphones in hotel rooms in Holland last fall.
Music truly is the soundtrack to your life. i feel fortunate to have had great tunes from UW score many moments.
Holden, I always find it interesting to hear how UW has "soundtracked" people's lives in different ways...also interesting that Karl's lyrics can be "interpreted" to fit everyone's unique situation.

The Riverrun releases soundtracked my life in London...wandering the streets, riding the tube to and from class, and sitting in cafes. I can still remember the day LBT was released...sitting over my laptop at a cafe overlooking Clapham Common on a chilly grey morning.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:33 AM
mmm skyscraper
fac123

The misterons mix reminds me of some of the old live tracks where songs were mixed on top of each other.