Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 09-08-2007, 05:28 PM
mr_chip
river

Re: Denver show moved!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chip
I don't care if it's the promoter's fault, the venue's fault, whatever, these are people hired by the band, and ultimately it all goes back to them.
I applaud your reading comprehension skills good sir.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:35 PM
graphex
river

I agree, mr_chip. The fillmore totally sucks compared to Red Rocks. I also found out that I could have saved about $40 per ticket getting the Underworld/Chemical Brothers combo tickets instead of buying them separately. So not only am I getting fucked by the venue change, I'm getting fucked by the new combo ticket that they won't let me get.

$40 x 3 tickets = $120 I'm getting outright fucked on, plus the fact that they're both at the crappy Fillmore. FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!!!!!

Underworld, Chemical Brothers, Live Nation, Ticketmaster, fuck you all (especially the latter, but the performers have to take some responsibility for performing where they promised and not fucking over their audience).

-and, yes, I just received an un-retracted Ticketfucker Alert:
Quote:
Hello, this is Ticketmaster Customer Service with an important alert for your upcoming event. UNDERWORLD/PAUL OAKENFOLD scheduled at RED ROCK AMPHITHEATRE on TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2007, at 7:30PM, has changed to a new venue. The event will now take place at the FILLMORE AUDITORIUM same time & date. Original tickets will be honored for the new venue, or you may obtain a refund by following the instructions below for your applicable delivery method.

If your tickets were sent to you via ticketFast or were being held at the box office Will Call Window, you may request a refund by contacting Ticketmaster Customer Service @

http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/asktm.html

If your tickets were mailed via UPS or regular mail, you may mail your tickets back to:

Ticketmaster
Attention Customer Service
UNDERWORLD/MTN Refund
1000 Corporate Landing
Charleston, WV 25311

Please make a copy of the tickets for your own records before returning the physical tickets in the mail. Include the name & address on the account, your Ticketmaster order number, and a daytime telephone number in case we need to reach you. Ticketmaster is not responsible for tickets that are lost, stolen, or never received in our office. Please note, the $5.10 per order processing fee and any ticketFast or UPS delivery charges are non-refundable.

If you have any questions, please contact us online at:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/asktm.html

Thank you for using Ticketmaster. We appreciate your business!

Last edited by graphex; 09-08-2007 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:38 PM
sanakan
junkie-criminal-fugitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chip
I applaud your reading comprehension skills good sir.
still doesn't change my point, does it?
Old 09-08-2007, 05:41 PM
mr_chip
river

Okay, so maybe I'm a little hasty getting mad at the band, but the disappointment in this news is pretty big.

If you're interested in sending out an executive e-mail carpet bomb, here's the list of every address I can find so far for livenation (who appear to be the promoters) and the even remotely possibly applicable addresses from the Friends of Underworld section of the underworldlive site:

inquire@chaotica.com
underworld@thesundayclub.com
press@underworldlive.com
jukes@easynet.co.uk
sales@underworldlive.com
johnvlautin@livenation.com
BusinessIntegrity@LiveNation.com
michaelrapino@livenation.com
alanridgeway@livenation.com
michaelgrowles@livenation.com
thomasjohansson@livenation.com
carlpernow@livenation.com
bryanperez@livenation.com
davidian@livenation.com
leeanngliha@livenation.com

You're much more likely to get results (either a discount on your ticket or an official apology, or some kind of renumeration) by sending a politely worded e-mail to these addresses, than you are by dealing with livenation's crummy RightNow customer service website. This list includes the e-mail addresses of all executive staff at LiveNation, CEOs and Presidents.

Here's the Google Finance chat board for LYN, LiveNation's public trading ticker:
http://finance.google.com/group/goog....703637/topics

Here's the Yahoo Finance chat board for the same:
http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/mb/LYV

If you post intelligently on their financial boards about how they're not able to sell enough tickets to make their commitments to bands or fans, thus lowering their status in the eyes of both, you'll definitely hit them where it hurts. You'll probably also catch the attention of their Investor Relations people, who will definitely be watching those boards, and who will definitely be interested in making it right for you.

Happy hunting.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:42 PM
dc_04
mouseman

i can't put the blame on rick, karl et al.. they aren't the ones doing the bookings.

that said though.... this is a serious disappointment to a LOT of people. and no price refund or any consideration whatsoever to those of us who bought much more expensive tickets? that's terrible.

there's no inclement weather forecast for tuesday, and if the band was having trouble selling seats, the promoters/etc would have known that months ago. and it's not like this is a comparable venue - it's apples and oranges. waiting until 2 days before the gig to announce such a significant venue change is extremely poor form.

- dc
Old 09-08-2007, 05:46 PM
wesw1a
river

I agree with Mr Chip, for the reasons previously stated. This is a HUGE let down, with NO apparent good reason.
Ticket sales maybe?
I'm praying this isn't about money ...
I spent a lot to see Underworld at Red Rocks.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:48 PM
Professor
this is bat country

Send a message via AIM to Professor
Re: UW live Denver @ Red Rocks - What venue?
according to the redrocks website, it HAS been moved. fuck that. i made explicit plans to see them and they fucked me. it's the week of my wedding and the ONLY reason i was flying from seattle was because it was at redrocks and the price was right. fuck this shit.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:49 PM
ndrwrld
blue

that totally sucks.
im sure UW are a bit bummed ( or they should be )...such a beautiful serene venue, yanked, for an auditorium.
bleh.
sorry to all who are attending.

ps - dont hate too long...IT WASNT CANCELLED...theyre still playing Denver.
check my location for my sadness.

Last edited by ndrwrld; 09-08-2007 at 05:52 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:49 PM
graphex
river

Another couple of contacts with Red Rocks to address your complaints to are:
Quote:
Red Rocks Staff

Ron Garrison - Questions & Answers
Guest Services Manager
p: 720-865-2477
e: Ron.Garrison@ci.Denver.co.us

Steve Eisenstein
Manager of Events
p: 720-865-2478
e: steve.eisenstein@denvergov.org
Old 09-08-2007, 06:06 PM
botkiller
-tired, so tired.

Hey all,

Yeah, I had posted about this recently too - I think we should just be glad either way that they're still playing, I was worried that it was being cancelled when I saw the email.

Last edited by botkiller; 09-08-2007 at 06:10 PM.