Old 11-18-2009, 04:39 PM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Re: hokay enough about palin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
Here's funny...

Palin asked about possible running mates, in an interview with Newsmax:

"I can envision a couple of different combinations, if ever I were to be in a position to really even seriously consider running for anything in the future, and I'm not there yet," Palin tells Newsmax. "But Glenn Beck I have great respect for. He's a hoot. He gets his message across in such a clever way. And he's so bold -- I have to respect that. He calls it like he sees it, and he's very, very, very effective."

Really, I can live without funny!
Holy shit.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:40 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
Here's funny...

Palin asked about possible running mates, in an interview with Newsmax:

"I can envision a couple of different combinations, if ever I were to be in a position to really even seriously consider running for anything in the future, and I'm not there yet," Palin tells Newsmax. "But Glenn Beck I have great respect for. He's a hoot. He gets his message across in such a clever way. And he's so bold -- I have to respect that. He calls it like he sees it, and he's very, very, very effective."

Really, I can live without funny!
oh, come on! that'd be brilliant! she has respect for a man who can summon up crocodile tears in front of cameras! i can't even imagine what they'd be coming up with! it'd be the funniest (and least succesful) campaign ever!

they should just do it as comedy series anyway...
Old 11-19-2009, 03:36 AM
Deckard
issue 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by //\/\/
It would have to be one where the final episode involves armageddon or something. So 11 episodes of "gosh darnit" hilarity, followed by a blackadder-style last one.

Honestly - that Palin gained the amount of support she did during the campaign (as opposed to being universally laughed out of town) leaves me decidedly uneasy about the prospect of that decision being placed in the hands of the electorate.

The nutters are becoming more influential than ever.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:40 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

it'd work pretty well as a blackadder-type thing - with beck pulling palin's strings. who's baldrick in this, though?
Old 11-19-2009, 10:03 AM
BeautifulBurnout
MadMinistrator

From the msnbc piece:
Quote:
Palin described thinking the Couric interview would be lighthearted and fun. "It was supposed to be ... a working mom speaking with [another] working mom and the challenges that we have with teenage daughters," she told "The Oprah Winfrey Show" in an interview broadcast Monday.Wallace told msnbc that this is "rationalization or justification or fiction." "We set up this interview on the day of the U.N. General Assembly, with a walk-and-talk in front of the U.N. It was never made as two working gals ... that was supposed to be to highlight her foreign policy savvy."

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Old 11-20-2009, 10:19 AM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by //\/\/ View Post
oh, come on! that'd be brilliant! she has respect for a man who can summon up crocodile tears in front of cameras! i can't even imagine what they'd be coming up with! it'd be the funniest (and least succesful) campaign ever!

Unfortunately, every campaign rally would probably end up escalating into angry mobs of white people with AK-47s rioting across whatever city they're in. But while these crazies may be more influential in the media these days, luckily their numbers place them in the minority, and they still only get one vote each...
Old 11-20-2009, 05:38 PM
//\/\/
slogging it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
But while these crazies may be more influential in the media these days, luckily their numbers place them in the minority, and they still only get one vote each...
i think that the phrase for all of these so-called trumpeters of democracy is 'hoist by their own petard'.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:47 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

on o'really

brilliant - 5'40: he plays the clip of her not being able to name a newspaper that she reads and asks why she couldn't name any - he response:

"of course i could, it's ridiculous to suggest, to say that i couldn't"

she's a fantasist of the highest order

o'reilly, in his 'no-holds-barred' manner, soft-soaps her and suggests it was merely down to media inexperience - she just says the questioning was 'annoying'...
Old 11-22-2009, 04:56 PM
Strangelet
rico suave

matt taibbi is breathtakingly brilliant.

http://trueslant.com/matttaibbi/2009...alin-wwe-star/

Sarah Palin sells copies. She is the country’s first WWE politician — a cartoon combatant who inspires stadiums full of frustrated middle American followers who will cheer for her against whichever villain they trot out, be it Newsweek, Barack Obama, Katie Couric, Steve Schmidt, the Mad Russian, Randy Orton or whoever. Her followers will not know that she is the perfect patsy for our system, designed as it is to channel popular anger in any direction but a useful one, and to keep the public tied up endlessly in pointless media melees over meaningless nonsense (melees of the sort that develop organically around Palin everywhere she goes). Like George W. Bush, even Palin herself doesn’t know this, another reason she’s such a perfect political tool.

You’d have to be thinking about the broader picture, about the fact that the president of the United States ought not to be a drooling yahoo whose two favorite Supreme Court cases are Roe v. Wade and Roe v. Wade and who thinks living near Canada counts as foreign policy experience, to not see what an asshole Katie Couric was being. And that other reality, the reality where one worries about a national political candidate having the brains of an innertube, is less immediate than the five-foot airspace radius around the Palin bobblehead. It’s harder for the average person to connect with, I guess.

- Mark Twain

Old 11-23-2009, 03:42 AM
chuck
i'm getting older too

Send a message via ICQ to chuck Send a message via AIM to chuck
Wait. Wait....

Let me post something. Please make sure you've swallowed any liquids before viewing this....

ROFLMAO...

Like. Oh. My. God.

Whatever.

Holy spitballs Batman - is this it? This is what we're all getting worried about?!

Quick - someone get me a barrel - I've got some dumb fucking fish to shoot here.

"We need to get the polar bears off the endangered list, so we can drill there!"

bahahaha

- S. Colbert

Last edited by chuck; 11-23-2009 at 03:50 AM.