Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > world.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:29 AM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Re: matt taibbi, american badass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangelet View Post
i'm learning along with you. I have no clue about global finance. I just know what feels right when I hear someone speak, which unfortunately lean to towards the conspiratorial side.

But I rationalize that by the argument that things are so fucked right now, there must be a conspiracy. If its not a conspiracy of insidious intent, there's a conspiracy of idiocy or a conspiracy of short sighted incompetence.
I'm one of the ignorant masses when it comes to all this crap, but I personally feel like rather than a conspiracy, we just have companies who were left unchecked long enough that they simply got too big and powerful. Kind of works well with my deep-seeded, long-time desire to see society knocked back a few centuries to the times when people's jobs were more about survival than they were about feeding a giant, confusing, financial machine.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Strangelet
rico suave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
I'm one of the ignorant masses when it comes to all this crap, but I personally feel like rather than a conspiracy, we just have companies who were left unchecked long enough that they simply got too big and powerful. Kind of works well with my deep-seeded, long-time desire to see society knocked back a few centuries to the times when people's jobs were more about survival than they were about feeding a giant, confusing, financial machine.
I don't like the framework of conspiracy either. Nothing is more annoying that people having evidence literally stuffed in their face and still responding that they looked into it and are conviced that obama was born in kenya for instance.

Why i'm using it is because our culture right now is being swamped with stories that are challenging the truths it was told and founded on. The vice president office is meant for photo-ops and campaign dinners, not running a private active death squad. Comments in on internet sites really come from sincere readers, not planted propaganda from nations like israel paying military to engage in a pr war. The talking heads on CNBC told us to keep investing into the economy and that it was sound, and are still saying its sound and recovering, when a lot of people are saying that we haven't even started the down turn.

In this kind of environment, its kind of easy to see people starting to wonder if Schwartzenneger really isn't a reptilian shapeshifter. It doesn't make it right. but it becomes more understandible.

- Mark Twain

Old 08-02-2009, 09:56 AM
human151
deletion

Great article...meh I hate rich people
Old 08-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Strangelet
rico suave

Quote:
Originally Posted by human151 View Post