Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 09-23-2019, 08:49 AM
purlieu
enofa

Re: Possible Riverrun Boxset?
Karl posted the AHDO cover on his diary last year at some point, I believe, which led to a lot of speculation.
Old 04-06-2021, 01:42 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Re: collectors' corner
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeLastName View Post
Also - it's probably been said a million times but man oh man I can't wait for the Oblivion box set, especially if they bring in the RiverRun material.
Riverrun is its own album / box set. End of.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:29 AM
iamneorev
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
Riverrun is its own album / box set. End of.
Agreed! I want an entire boxset dedicated just to Riverrun. Include a live CD from the era with it.
Old 04-07-2021, 08:56 AM
lament
sniffin the wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamneorev View Post
Include a live CD from the era with it.
Yeah I'd love to have all the studio recordings, remixes and Live in Tokyo 2005 in a box.
Old 04-07-2021, 10:13 AM
purlieu
enofa

I still think inclusion in the OwB is more likely - especially as they've said they consider the album to be part of the overall Riverrun project - but it does mean that they'd either have to make it up to 5CDs, or scrap a potential remix disc and just have album / outtakes / Riverrun. I can't imagine it getting a bigger box than STITI and BF.
A Riverrun box in its own right would be wonderful, but I can't see it happening. It's just too obscure a set of material - I'm still slightly sceptical about them doing an OwB box, given how badly the album fared in terms of charts and reviews.
Old 04-07-2021, 12:03 PM
iamneorev
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by lament View Post
Yeah I'd love to have all the studio recordings, remixes and Live in Tokyo 2005 in a box.
They did include 3x tracks from the Live In Tokyo on a bonus disc for the Dubnobasswithmyheadman Japanese reissue boxset. So it would make sense to give it a proper full release with a Riverrun set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purlieu View Post
I still think inclusion in the OwB is more likely - especially as they've said they consider the album to be part of the overall Riverrun project - but it does mean that they'd either have to make it up to 5CDs, or scrap a potential remix disc and just have album / outtakes / Riverrun. I can't imagine it getting a bigger box than STITI and BF.
A Riverrun box in its own right would be wonderful, but I can't see it happening. It's just too obscure a set of material - I'm still slightly sceptical about them doing an OwB box, given how badly the album fared in terms of charts and reviews.

Karl mentioned Riverrun in a recent Reddit Q&A and how it needs a reissue, but didn't go into specifics.

To be honest, Riverrun doesn't fit with Oblivion With Bells. It feels like its own thing. It doesn't sound connected to OWB at all.
Old 04-08-2021, 02:46 AM
purlieu
enofa

The only obvious link is Peach Tree being a Crocodile b-side, although I think I'm a Big Sister is, tonally, not too far off OwB. The first two are pretty different, though.
Old 04-08-2021, 11:36 AM
WhiteNoise
I?m good, I?m alright

The other link's the webcasts, which were also a part of Riverrun. Quite a few OwB tracks were demoed in those shows, like Cuddle Bunny vs Celtic Villagers, Faxed Invitation (Geezer), To Heal and Restore Broken Bodies, Biro the Leggy.

Glam Bucket was originally written for Sunshine, that and Breaking and Entering were also part of Riverrun. You can also point to Globe (early Holding the Moth) and Crocodile getting played out in 2005 live sets.

Virtually all the OwB tracks were developed and finished during the Riverrun sessions themselves.

You could make the same argument for Barking, which was all demoed more or less in those webcasts etc, but with all the guest producers on Barking, it tells a much different story.
Old 04-08-2021, 01:14 PM
khouri
khondo dweller

I've personally always seen the output from the launch of underworldlive.com in (i think) 2000 through the release Oblivion With Bells and the Oblivion tour as one long era. They were incredibly prolific during that time, release two studio albums, the RiverRun project, loads of stuff in the broadcasts, loads of live albums (most of which are very different from each other), the web store stuff like Phonestrap etc.. Sunshine, Breaking & Entering... the Beautiful Burnout art jam in NYC (which I visited). I'm probably forgetting stuff.

The band may see it differently, but that's definitely all one big thing to me.
Old 04-08-2021, 02:51 PM
lament
sniffin the wind

Anyone have a list of all the Riverrun era tracks?