Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 08-21-2018, 04:45 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Darren Price - Everybody Jack EP
UPDATE: The pre-order page is live: https://www.redeyerecords.co.uk/viny...rybody-jack-ep

DARREN PRICE - EVERYBODY JACK EP
15 / August / 2018

Long time scene stalwart Darren Price is stepping out on brand new label, Kilsha Music, with a fantastic EP of monster house tracks arriving on both vinyl and digital.

Price has spent 25 years traversing the globe as a DJ-both solo and as Underworld’s tour DJ—producing music for essential labels like Junior Boys Own, Novamute and Underwater, and being an integral part of the Underworld Live shows as well as being in house engineer for the seminal band’s recorded material. He’s remixed more Underworld records than anyone and has frequently collaborated with them on stage, weaving in his own productions. He has also worked closely with Native Instruments, road testing Maschine and writing a track for its initial launch that went on to become a viral video a few years ago, which you can watch here. That track, ‘Everybody Jack’, which has also been played live by Underworld for a few years, is part of this powerful new EP alongside cuts recorded during a break from touring last year.

Opener ‘Charm Offensive’ is a fantastic ten-minute trip into loose limbed techno. Drums, bass and percussion all wrap and weave around each other and melt your mind in the process. A rasping lead synth eventually becomes the focal point as background chords bring real soul and emotion to the groove.

The brilliantly bristling ‘Everybody Jack (UW Live Maschine Mix)’ is a full fat track with busy textured synths, sci-fi effects and old school jack vocals that will really work the dance floor into a lather. It’s dynamic and ever evolving, with plenty of tense peaks and troughs throughout to keep the ‘floor on its toes.

The final vinyl track is ‘This is House Music’, a deeper cut with warm, warbling bass and a muted acid line spraying about the mix. It slowly builds the pressure in heady fashion and is one to really hypnotise. Digital bonus track ‘Everybody Jack’ (UP Mix) is an airy and percussive number with happy piano chords rolling over female vocals and colourful sound designs that really make the track pop. It’s playful and full of character.

This is a fresh EP from one of the techno scene’s most enduring and essential talents.

Tracklist:

A – Charm Offensive
B1 – Everybody Jack (UW Live Maschine Mix)
B2 – This Is House Music
DIGITAL ONLY – Everybody Jack (UP Mix)

source: https://www.ihouseu.com/music/everybody-jack-ep.html

Last edited by stimpee; 09-04-2018 at 08:32 AM.
Old 08-21-2018, 04:57 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Re: Darren Price - Everybody Jack EP
Here is Darren demoing the Native Instrument Maschine, with the song Everybody Jack. Amazingly as of this post only 380 views on YouTube. Lets change that! He says he wrote it in his shed in one day! It sounds great.

Everybody Jack:
Old 08-21-2018, 10:51 AM
Yannick
Mew Mew

https://cjsw.com/program/the-brutal-...sode/20180813/

https://soundcloud.com/dj-darren-price

previews + new mix of deep arch

Released on 12 inch 9th Sept 18 on Kilsha Music

Last edited by Yannick; 08-21-2018 at 11:01 AM.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:48 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Nice. The Deep Arch remix was played during the Athlete's Parade on the Olympics broadcast, and was the last track that was unidentified until now.

https://soundcloud.com/dj-darren-pri...unreleased-mix
Old 08-21-2018, 01:43 PM
twicezero
mouseman

Javelin Boy!
Old 08-21-2018, 09:43 PM
negative1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
DARREN PRICE - EVERYBODY JACK EP
15 / August / 2018

Long time scene stalwart Darren Price is stepping out on brand new label, Kilsha Music, with a fantastic EP of monster house tracks arriving on both vinyl and digital.
nice, cue the gripes about it not being on cd. well, there'll probably some
promos out there.

later
Old 08-22-2018, 12:31 AM
khouri
khondo dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Nice. The Deep Arch remix was played during the Athlete's Parade on the Olympics broadcast, and was the last track that was unidentified until now.
That all these bespoke Underworld remixes haven’t been officially released is madness. They’re all great!! So much better than the rubbish mixes on the recent singles.

Last edited by khouri; 08-22-2018 at 12:35 AM.
Old 08-22-2018, 01:54 AM
whatmakesustick

To add some deep thoughtful and meaningful contributions to this thread.............I'M SOOOO HAPPY. This is long overdue. Where can we get the vinyl from, or did I just miss a link in the article?
Old 08-22-2018, 02:43 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatmakesustick View Post
Where can we get the vinyl from, or did I just miss a link in the article?
No sign of it yet. I imagine more info will become available over the next couple weeks.
Old 08-22-2018, 04:38 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Is this the last piece missing from the Barking era? It's definitely one of my favorites. Similar to Scribble, though, I'm dissapointed we aren't getting some of the earlier (equally good) versions.