Dirty Forums > headset.

Old 10-18-2005, 07:50 PM
djeddy
chacabon! macaron!

Re: prodigy - live t in the park...
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mongoose
you guys need to go back 2 skool....
it sounds like liam bought a new powermac with soundtrack pro installed. and he played around with loops it comes with..and released it as this...

hello!?!?!?
I COULD'VE DONE SOMETHING LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and better...
Old 10-19-2005, 05:16 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Quote:
Originally Posted by djeddy
it sounds like liam bought a new powermac with soundtrack pro installed. and he played around with loops it comes with..and released it as this...

hello!?!?!?
I COULD'VE DONE SOMETHING LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and better...

...but don't forget...

it basically took him FIVE YEARS to make it!!!!!!!!!!

(but I actually like the track, well - the live version) I just hate how f-ing lazy Liam is
Old 10-19-2005, 10:42 AM
the mongoose
talks to God

tour for a couple of YEARS for Madonna after touring and making the Fat of the Land
then, try to get back to work with no energy
Have a kid and get married
Watch as your band gets anxious and goes all solo (ego) on you...
Say FUCK IT and scrap your whole fucking plan.....
and build a slick electro-grunge record (AONO) while trying to get to sleep at night
and have it go to number one seven years after the media explosion...
Do the press junket, do the television, do the tour, do the singles, videos, etc.....
currently, 3 discs worth of stuff to supervise and coordinate into a best of worthy to be a best of....surely not an easy task and
plan the Back to Mine, Dirchamber Session B, and write more of the fifth album due only months after....with touring all the while.

A lazy bastard for sure!
Old 10-19-2005, 12:56 PM
crank
I'm a big sister

two words about back 2 skool:

This sucks.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:42 AM
joethelion

...how long did they tour with Madonna? I didn't think that they actually did that...

and where do you get 'three discs' to supervise for the best of? It's just the singles, some tracks from brixton - which were already mixed, etc etc, and a couple of bsides

the only member who really went 'solo' was Maxim anyways - and both his albums were absolute shit

I just hate the fact that Liam wants to say that the abandoned album is shit, and that he trashed everything... yet tracks from the new 'good' album are from the old 'bad' album

Quote:
tour for a couple of YEARS for Madonna after touring and making the Fat of the Land
then, try to get back to work with no energy
Have a kid and get married
Watch as your band gets anxious and goes all solo (ego) on you...
Say FUCK IT and scrap your whole fucking plan.....
and build a slick electro-grunge record (AONO) while trying to get to sleep at night
and have it go to number one seven years after the media explosion...
Do the press junket, do the television, do the tour, do the singles, videos, etc.....
currently, 3 discs worth of stuff to supervise and coordinate into a best of worthy to be a best of....surely not an easy task and
plan the Back to Mine, Dirchamber Session B, and write more of the fifth album due only months after....with touring all the while.

A lazy bastard for sure!
Old 10-20-2005, 09:00 AM
Cadevil
exilio

Anyone want to ring in on whether the special edition of Their Law is worth picking up for the second disc?

I like Fat of the Land a lot, but can't stand AONO...and I'm lukewarm on Jilted...
Old 10-20-2005, 09:00 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Quote:
Underworld was in the same 'ol boat a couple of years back....

New album w/ mixed reviews, a best of collection, live shows not progressing (even becoming unmixed and such), label dropping, etc....

doesn't exactly mean you're through musically....
yeah, nice link there, oxide! it's really quite apt!

SHUT UP.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:29 AM
joethelion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadevil
Anyone want to ring in on whether the special edition of Their Law is worth picking up for the second disc?

I like Fat of the Land a lot, but can't stand AONO...and I'm lukewarm on Jilted...

well -

• Razor is 'ok' - it's really like a remix of the Flint track, and not a new song
• Back to School - is a really powerful track, but voal-less which blows
• Voodoo People (Pendulum Mix) - has really grown on me - but it's def like 'dumb drum and bass'
• Under My Wheels - is insignificantly different, and still blows - only 'remix' is a different ending
• No Man Army - sped up a bit... could be a flaw in the mastering for all I know
• Molotov Bitch - same as before
• Voodoo Beats - it's "Liam's studio version of the live mix of the Dust/Chemical Brothers Version of Voodoo People"... which basically means - you're gonna have to listen to the Dust/Chemical Brothers Mix and this one back to back to notice any differences between the two
• Out of Space - great remix
• The Way It Is (Live Remix) - edit of the album version, but MUCH BETTER
• We Are the Ruffest
• Your Love
• Spitfire (live)
...then tracks from the Brixton show back during the FOTL tour
Their Law
Breathe
Serial Thrilla
Firestarter

-> funny how that Firestarter "rework" didn't make it on the best of, especially as he explicitly stated he was doing it for the release... and a fan did a rework that sounded exactly the same as the live verison in like a week!

so I mean - it's not a bad release by any means - but I don't know if you'd want to pay crazy import prices for it

(edit)
so all in all -
the second disc isn't bad if you didn't have the bsides before, and it's got 4/5 actually really good tracks (not counting the live ones or the old bsides)