Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:12 AM
Badger
pants

Opinions & help on editing this NYE videos please
Right, I have the raw videos from NYE and i'm trying to piece them together. Now because Luke's video can only record in 10min chunks there are few odd omissions and sharp cuts here and there. I just wanted some feedback as to some ideas for whether to fade out and in the start and ends where needed or to try to at least do a little mix/overlap so it seems to run together as one?

One place where this will be hard is during Born Slippy where the vid cuts off mid "Annnngelll" and a couple of other lines are missed before the next section of video with the last part of it.

Now i could either mix the two so the beats seem to flow and i might cut maybe one earlier line of Born Slippy so it is smooth?

OR

I can put a small black clip of video in to cover the missing bits and then start the next clip with the last bit of Born Slippy?

What is the general opinion?

Any other ideas from anyone who has watched all the youtube videos?

Help please?
Old 03-04-2009, 01:48 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: Opinions & help on editing this NYE videos please
My opinion, let it flow without edits, hard cuts and all. Even if you try to match the audio beats, you're still going to have a jarring video transition.

Either that or fade to black and then fade back in. Or a crossfade, I dunno. I guess it depends on what it looks like and where the cuts are exactly.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:02 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

As long as the audio is there, I dont think people will care about the video. People will probably rip the audio antyway.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:01 AM
foxtrotoscar
river

Yeah sorry bout the cut off mid way through born slippy and then fumbling the restart! Don't know if there are any other recordings of the NYE born slippy up on youtube [i'll have a search], but if so, you could download it, edit out, and then paste in the missing section. You could separate the audio from the vid and then use just use the audio. Add it to any short copied/duplicate section from my footage, or a crowd shot - that way it won't look too different, if you see what i mean. Failing that, you could take the missing bit of audio from born slippy at another recent gig that has footage on youtube, and do the same paste/edit. Regarding the transition, maybe see what it looks like with nothing, but if it's too harsh then try 'cube' or 'fade to black'. Good luck with it badger, it might be a lot of work but it would be bloody awesome!