Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Rog
the fuckest upest

EDITORS
why the fuck are you not listening to "the back room"? no fuckin excuses you losers....... one of the top 3 albums of the millenium so far.... if you dont agree then lets fuckin talk
Old 09-29-2008, 03:22 PM
Tiger
Freaknik!

Re: EDITORS
personally i thought interpol did a much better joy division rip-off
You take the piss again and i'll remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath and push it up your cock. Then i'll put some speakers up your arse and put it on shuffle every time i hear something i don't like - which will be every time that something comes on - i will skip to the next track by crushing your balls.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:39 PM
oceanic
Just glad to be here.

I'm with you, Rog. I'd rather hear Editors at a bar than a lot of other contemporary rock stuff. When they were at the Virgin festival in Toronto last year a reviewer wrote that they "pulled off Interpol better than Interpol", who were playing the same day. I think the reviewer was right. I think Interpol's latest album was a boring, cluttered mess, full of unnecessary "refined, complex songwriting" and so-called "growth as a band". I'd almost rather a band stands still creatively rather than "evolving" in the horrible fashion that bands like Interpol and Coldplay did. Sick and tired of the bombast. Editors at least didn't "evolve" too nastily with their newest album.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Flywaver
vision

I went out for a run today with The Editors on my iPhone.

Pull the blindfold down
So your eyes can't see
Now run as fast as you can
Through this field of trees

Say goodbye to everyone you have ever known
You are not gonna see them ever again........

Fantastic!

So whats the best? The Back Room or An End Has A Start?
Old 10-01-2008, 11:51 AM
ceramic'cow
mouseman

I liked the first couple of singles, and saw them at a free festival in Middlesbrough - they were pretty good - but then I bought the album and it all sounded the same. Interpol's 1st is definitely better, although still pretty samey, I suppose.

Still, Editors are better than The Enemy.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:37 AM
oceanic
Just glad to be here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceramic'cow View Post
I liked the first couple of singles, and saw them at a free festival in Middlesbrough - they were pretty good - but then I bought the album and it all sounded the same. Interpol's 1st is definitely better, although still pretty samey, I suppose.

Still, Editors are better than The Enemy.
'Turn Out the Bright Lights' is prolly one of my favorite albums of the new century. Basic, awkward, slick, rough, full, empty, etc, etc, etc... Somehow it just seems to have a lot of strange, sometimes opposing dynamics to it and it really worked for me and my eardrums. Certainly can't say the same about their subsequent stuff, though.

With regard to Editors, I like their first album's consistency, but there are a few songs on 'An End Has A Start' that really get me and I like the guitarwork better.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:54 AM
Tiger
Freaknik!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceramic'cow View Post
saw them at a free festival in Middlesbrough - they were pretty good
i caught them on the tour supported the back room a few years ago, and while enjoyable was disappointed as i just got the feeling they were more interested in aping the success of coldplay rather than doing anything artistically worthwhile
You take the piss again and i'll remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath and push it up your cock. Then i'll put some speakers up your arse and put it on shuffle every time i hear something i don't like - which will be every time that something comes on - i will skip to the next track by crushing your balls.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:35 AM
kowalski__
mouseman

i discovered them in amsterdam gig when they release first 7", its was amazing. then they become so big that all hype started to sound ridicilous. if you're becoming radio 1 band in england i think its dangerous territory.

this joy division rip-off thing is just lazy journalism. in case of interpol & editors, there more things going on than ripping off a cult band. sometimes i hear more echo & bunnymen, bauhaus or even prefab sprout than joy division. even bernard sumner and peter hook said they loved it. if you are taking your music to some other places its cool.

in general there are thousands of bands around that they are openly stealing chords from new order and joy division. i agree on that.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:41 PM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

i've just kind of started listening to Editors, downloading some of the albums. So far I really like them, although sometimes the tracks do sound a bit samey. The singer does have an amazing voice though.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Underrated like Elbow [until they won the Mercury prize where they then exploded in popularity].