Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > world.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:07 PM
//\/\/
slogging it out

Re: Arizona - WTF?
"they want it to look like the children are coming into the light'' -er skinned world that we prefer?
Old 06-11-2010, 02:07 AM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

I am 33 live in Phoenix, and was born and raised here. The climate of hate being perpetrated here is disgusting and sad. The lies that Governor Jan Brewer spouts aren't even quality lies. They are easily disproved within the hour.

Short takeaway...there are a few people in Arizona who shape the hate to benefit their careers here:

Governor Jan Brewer
State Senator Russell Pearce
Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio
Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu
former sportscaster, US Congressman, and radio talk show host, JD Hayworth

I plan to write something more in depth about each person.

Jan Brewer is on video stating that SB1070 'has nothing to do with border security' and today she said in a speech that the police understand 'how immigration is hurting us'. Articles are stating that she later said that she meant to say illegal immigration. But I've yet to see that verified.

Jason
Old 06-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure View Post
I am 33 live in Phoenix, and was born and raised here. The climate of hate being perpetrated here is disgusting and sad. The lies that Governor Jan Brewer spouts aren't even quality lies. They are easily disproved within the hour.

Short takeaway...there are a few people in Arizona who shape the hate to benefit their careers here:

Governor Jan Brewer
State Senator Russell Pearce
Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio
Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu
former sportscaster, US Congressman, and radio talk show host, JD Hayworth

I plan to write something more in depth about each person.

Jan Brewer is on video stating that SB1070 'has nothing to do with border security' and today she said in a speech that the police understand 'how immigration is hurting us'. Articles are stating that she later said that she meant to say illegal immigration. But I've yet to see that verified.

Jason
I'd love to hear your more in depth descriptions of each. This stuff in Arizona is very scary to me, and I want to understand as much as I can about it.

Thanks Troy!
Old 06-11-2010, 04:57 PM
cured
sikk

I'm interested in hearing about it, too, but since I have absolutely no reason or inclination to go to Arizona...ever...I kind of like the idea of locking those crazies away in some part of the nether vortex in my brain.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:38 AM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Today, U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton, granted an injunction to key provisions of SB1070, or what I like to call 'Breathing While Brown' law.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...aw.php?ref=fpa

The ruling is available for viewing here: http://bit.ly/a0tooT

The parts that Judge Bolton granted an injunction to were:

The overall law will still take effect Thursday, but without the provisions that angered opponents - including sections that:
  • Would require officers to check a person's immigration status while enforcing other laws
  • Would require immigrants to carry their papers at all times
  • Would make it illegal for undocumented workers to seek out work in public places
  • Allow police to make a warrantless arrest if they believe a person committed a deportable offense
Jason
Old 07-28-2010, 07:49 PM
the mongoose
talks to God

Does a Court Supreme come with sour cream?
Old 07-28-2010, 08:31 PM
the mongoose
talks to God

Obama pulling strings behind the scenes....at least its on pause and not completely shot down yet.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:26 AM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mongoose View Post
Obama pulling strings behind the scenes....at least its on pause and not completely shot down yet.
So you agree with SB1070?
Old 07-30-2010, 12:09 PM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure View Post

Jason
Ummm well no politican ever would ever purposely say that immigration in general is hurting us and I sincerely doubt Brewer feels that way. Kinda weird how everyone (not from AZ) is quick to suspect everyone in the state of racism, especially the politicans and police, when like half of them are Mexican anyway.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:38 AM
Rex
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j View Post
Kinda weird how everyone (not from AZ) is quick to suspect everyone in the state of racism, especially the politicans and police, when like half of them are Mexican anyway.
I'm from Utah where people are proposing the same bill. And I'm calling racism. The same racism that went around beating the "english should be the official language of Utah" drum. I'm also not ever moving back in case it passes. That's how serious this is. What I find interesting is conservatives who aren't even around the border calling liberals who are around the border arm chair critics.

Even more hilarious are conservatives who bitch and moan about the jobs lost to illegals just because hector just washed their dishes on the way back to shopping at walmart where everything buyable was made in china.

Multi-nationals sending *ALL* jobs to china or Lupe washing your dishes. Conservatives who can't point to the problem in this scenario are either fucking imbeciles or racist. Line up and pick your favorite badge.