Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > world.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2009, 11:32 AM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Cheney flaps his dumb-hole...again
He's back. Unfortunately. And I swear, every single time this guy opens his mouth, I feel like I gain more and more perspective and understanding about what happened over the 8 year span of the Bush administration. So anyway, here's the article. It features such gems of wisdom as "to completely rule out enhanced interrogation in the future, in favor of half-measures, is unwise in the extreme. In the fight against terrorism, there is no middle ground, and half-measures keep you half-exposed", and "we cannot protect this country by putting politics over security and turning the guns on our own guys." He also says Obama seems "afraid" to make a decision on Afghanistan, and claims that Obama has damaged our international relationships with his foreign policies - I thought that point in particular was pretty rich. Overall, it's some of his most aggressive and idiotic statements since he started being such an outspoken jerk-wad. How cowardly he was during his time as VP, opting to silently manipulate situations from behind the scenes rather than have the balls to speak his mind publicly.

Video of his talk here, although it's got pretty bad audio...

And the White House response...

Last edited by Sean; 10-22-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:24 PM
Strangelet
rico suave

Re: Cheney flaps his dumb-hole...again
Wow. I've also been reassessing the bush years and it seems to me that people who demonized bush will be proven wrong. He's more socially conservative than I'm comfortable with but certainly not evil. Cheney is evil. Simply because he clearly believes he is above conventional morality, or the constitution.

Of course that's open to debate. But what seems scietifically verifiable is that the republican party will have to disown him and his neo-con gang of political thugs in tuxedos who participated in the award party from which he gave his address. They will have to do that before they become the big tent party of their heyday. The fact that they don't realize this borders on being complicit to Cheney's state of super-morality.

My fantasy is for cheney to be forced to work the hospitals in baghdad circa 2004-2006

- Mark Twain