Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2009, 01:33 PM
janaka
river

Underworld @ Glade Festival 2009
http://www.gladefestival.com/gladestage.html

Am I the first to bring this lovely news to you all?

Personally I'm somewhat gutted as our second child is due in June so I am banned from going to any festivals this summer. (Yes yes I do know what's really important in life but all the same.....)

For God's sake please don't tell me if they end up playing Glastonbury this year as I may start crying. It'll be first time since 2000 that I haven't been (and I missed the '98 and '99 performances cos I got trenchfoot in '97).
Old 02-25-2009, 02:27 PM
Dunwho
Big Time

Re: Underworld @ Glade Festival 2009
ah shite... i totally knew this was going to happen.. was hoping they would play last year when i was there....but of course Murphy's Law will state that Underworld will play glasto on its most intimate and atmospheric stage on the one year that I am living in Paris and simply do not have the money....

...SHITE - this is killing me....shall i break the bank and go for the limited returned tickets that are to go on sale..... errrrrg PROBLEM!!! HELP!
Old 02-25-2009, 02:29 PM
//\/\/
slogging it out

(it's not glastonbury - glade began as a glastonbury stage, but is a festival of its own, taking place 3 weeks or so later...)

excellent news anyway!
Old 02-25-2009, 02:46 PM
janaka
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by //\/\/ View Post
(it's not glastonbury - glade began as a glastonbury stage, but is a festival of its own, taking place 3 weeks or so later...)
!
When the Glade area first appeared at Glasto in 2003 I got the tent up and then went straight down, walking into it on a beautiful Wednesday early evening. The sun was coming down, people were dancing everywhere and the atmosphere was just fantastic, as was the sound system.

10 seconds later the DJ (I think it was Fergie) dropped a breakbeat version of Rez. Cue HUGE cheering all round when that riff came in.

Ah happy days

One of those moments you never ever forget, although I kind of had actually and it took the above post to give me the flashback - thank you //\/\/
Old 02-26-2009, 01:20 AM
gaborez
everythingeverythingevery

glade say that underworld are preforming a uk festival exclusive, so it's doubtful we'll be seeing 'em at other uk festies

anyone know where the new glade location is?
Old 02-26-2009, 01:41 AM
gaborez
everythingeverythingevery

apparently i should've opened my eyes. it's a secret location near winchester. maybe the winchester bowl where homelands used to be?
Old 02-26-2009, 08:35 AM
super saint
river

Yeah will be at the Matterley Bowl where Homelands used to be...still have fond memories of my stag night there in 2000 with lots & lots of mud & Leftfield on the bill.

Very handy as Winchester is just 20 minutes up the road
Old 02-26-2009, 09:32 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by janaka View Post
When the Glade area first appeared at Glasto in 2003 I got the tent up and then went straight down, walking into it on a beautiful Wednesday early evening. The sun was coming down, people were dancing everywhere and the atmosphere was just fantastic, as was the sound system.

10 seconds later the DJ (I think it was Fergie) dropped a breakbeat version of Rez. Cue HUGE cheering all round when that riff came in.

Ah happy days

One of those moments you never ever forget, although I kind of had actually and it took the above post to give me the flashback - thank you //\/\/

you're welcome; though 2003 wasn't the first year the glade was at glastonbury, surely? i've not been since 2001 and i saw system7 play there...

...or maybe i've had too much glastonbury

(arse - just realised i'm already booked up this weekend!)

Last edited by //\/\/; 02-26-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:01 PM
janaka
river

[quote=//\/\/;108960]you're welcome; though 2003 wasn't the first year the glade was at glastonbury, surely? i've not been since 2001 and i saw system7 play there...

...or maybe i've had too much glastonburyquote]

Yes you have had far too good a time in the west country and your brain is now mush. There was no festival in 2001!
Old 02-27-2009, 02:14 PM
Dunwho
Big Time

[QUOTE=janaka;108998]
Quote:
Originally Posted by //\/\/ View Post
you're welcome; though 2003 wasn't the first year the glade was at glastonbury, surely? i've not been since 2001 and i saw system7 play there...

...or maybe i've had too much glastonburyquote]

Yes you have had far too good a time in the west country and your brain is now mush. There was no festival in 2001!
Haha thats hillarious.. tho a very easy mistake to make... it would be funny though if you got mashed off your tits and found yourself standing alone on worthy farm by a big tree dancing to an imaginary System7 with a bunch of cows in the dark of night....
..now that would be interesting