Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:45 AM
whatmakesustick

O2 Wireless in London
Just noticed underworldlive.com has added the o2 wireless festival in London' s hyde park, 3rd july.

http://www.o2wirelessfestival.co.uk/home/

I would rather Underworld headline instead of Fatboy Slim...but still, that 5 london gigs in a relatively short space of time! (6 over the last 12 months if you include the knebworth date!!). No complaints from me!

Pre-sale tickets on Sat 16th Feb.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:09 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Re: O2 Wireless in London
2008 must be festival time. Glastonbury must be calling.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:30 PM
dirty050505
mouseman

Yeah Glasto must be likely, been 9 years since the last time. Possibly one of Creamfields/Global Gathering too.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:27 AM
robotusch
mouseman

I wish Roskilde would be calling as well, been too long since the last visit
Old 07-05-2008, 03:14 PM
whatmakesustick

Just back from the gig at Hyde Park….

The gig was great – they played for 90mins headlining the second stage (from 7 till 8.30) which was basically a huge tent. It was completely full with people queuing outside to get in – I would say there was 7 or 8000 in there….maybe more.

There was not much in the way of improvs, or talking between songs – just a storming 90mins with all the expected festival tunes – very up-tempo and very little gaps between songs, with most of them mixed in together.

I think the set list was:
Croc.
Spoonman
Rez
Pearls Girl
Two Months Off
Rowla (I think)
King Of Snake
Born Slippy
Jumbo
Moaner

For me the highlight was a great version of Spoonman and I thought Karl was really on form and energetic throughout. I think there was a poem during the intro Slippy.

I guess their set had to be so up-tempo because MSTRKRFT played a great upbeat set just before they came on and the crowd was pretty pumped up….and I guess that is why they did not play Ring Road as it would not have fitted too well into the set. In fact, I would say the crowd was great – very energetic and loud – and they loved the giant glow sticks or whatever they are!

Towards the end, they released a bunch of blow up balls...I am guessing they were same white blow up balls in todays photo diary on the website.
Old 07-05-2008, 03:29 PM
BeautifulBurnout
MadMinistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatmakesustick View Post
Just back from the gig at Hyde Park….

The gig was great – they played for 90mins headlining the second stage (from 7 till 8.30) which was basically a huge tent. It was completely full with people queuing outside to get in – I would say there was 7 or 8000 in there….maybe more.

There was not much in the way of improvs, or talking between songs – just a storming 90mins with all the expected festival tunes – very up-tempo and very little gaps between songs, with most of them mixed in together.

I think the set list was:
Croc.
Spoonman
Rez
Pearls Girl
Two Months Off
Rowla (I think)
King Of Snake
Born Slippy
Jumbo
Moaner

For me the highlight was a great version of Spoonman and I thought Karl was really on form and energetic throughout. I think there was a poem during the intro Slippy.

I guess their set had to be so up-tempo because MSTRKRFT played a great upbeat set just before they came on and the crowd was pretty pumped up….and I guess that is why they did not play Ring Road as it would not have fitted too well into the set. In fact, I would say the crowd was great – very energetic and loud – and they loved the giant glow sticks or whatever they are!

Towards the end, they released a bunch of blow up balls...I am guessing they were same white blow up balls in todays photo diary on the website.
Was going to say you missed Nuxx in all that til I read the rest. I think I heard Monkey Wink in the middle of Nuxx, and there was something piano-ish that I think I have heard before but can't put my finger on in the lead-up to Spoonman too.

I didn't make it in time for the MSTRKFT gig cos I was still with Das Pop who were suprisingly fantastic. Half an hour before UW there was an enormous queue and I swear there were 2-3000 people who still wanted to get in and couldn't. I really don't understand why UW were in the tent and Deadmau5 on the main - open area - stage. Made no sense at all, given the relative numbers. Ah well, was still excellent even if we were playing sardines right at the back

Edit: I forgot - there was the vocal line from Can You Feel This Bass backinh Karl's poem, which was fab!

Last edited by BeautifulBurnout; 07-05-2008 at 03:32 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:11 AM
super-saint
river

Why the decision to put UW in the tent instead of the main stage beggars believe...you just could not move.

Saying that UW were great with them giving the best rendition of Born Slippy i have heard live....the whole tent were going mental.

Got a better view after the whole tent left before the encore though.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:54 AM
whatmakesustick

I was glad underworld were in the tent - the atmosphere was amazing. Even for Fat Boy Slim on the main stage afterwards I did not think there was much of an atmosphere - plus the visuals work much better in the dark...

Was room to dance down at the front, but I must admit I had a heart attack when I saw the queue to get in 30mins before they came on....but managed to find a side enterance with no queue
Old 07-06-2008, 05:38 AM
lloyd
bungalow

Well... outside in the dark visuals would work. But this moms 'n pops festival was at midday!
Old 07-06-2008, 07:00 AM
ploom2
river

i was at the front...there wasnt any room but people still try to squeeze in..its very hard to stand in the exact same spot that im using as i also have mass, and even though i was crammed in, someone still came over to stand in front of me (it really annoys me)

i got there when cut copy were on (actually quite good)..i endured mstrkrft but it was well worth the wait.

the set was great...as good as any ive been to before. (2 roundhouse gigs)

annoying camera man was infront of me all through the gig...it was funny seeing the photographers being herded around like sheep, tiny cameras, big lenses..

early in the day i saw someone with dirty.org tee on, and a notepad...i guess he's on here somewhere with track list and all the details..

whats the word for an underworld spotter?

great gig....highlight of the festival...

walking past the fat boy slim gig at the end i had to put my headphones on to drown out the blandness...