Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 03-12-2021, 12:28 AM
Milking Your Plastic
Milking Your Plastic

Using Apple idrum samples to recreate the songs

Last edited by Milking Your Plastic; 03-12-2021 at 12:58 AM.
Old 03-12-2021, 12:52 AM
Milking Your Plastic
Milking Your Plastic

Re: Using Apple idrum samples to recreate the songs
Does anyone remember that awesome mixer that was on the now defunct darktrain.jp website? phaseblue on here invented it but hasn't been active on this site in years Does anyone have contact with him? I would love that same mixer to be on this site! I'm assuming that all the stems were made using the samples from the Underworld idrum app released in 2009. member hypeless kindly uploaded the samples for us.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P-u...ew?usp=sharing
I have tried recreating the stems using the samples in fl studio but I don't have the skills. Is there anyone on here who is able and willing to recreate all the songs from the idrum app and create a mixer for this site or just the stems and post them in a folder to download?
Old 03-13-2021, 03:15 PM
Resolute
Heal yourself,

you could recreate stems in fl but not entirely accurately (not every element was included in the idrum pack, effects, etc). think someone else here had said they'd done something like that before but i don't remember who. i have also, but my project files are on my desktop and that's not with me right now.

think the cowgirl samples are slightly shifted up in tempo in the idrum pack also, but that's probably a live set modification underworld made and probably where the samples are from in the first place. just grabbed some from the live set.

Last edited by Resolute; 03-13-2021 at 03:20 PM.
Old 03-14-2021, 01:00 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

The darktrain.jp mixer was made in Flash, so it wouldn't really work these days.

If you can point me to some kind of free HTML5 audio mixer, I can see about putting it up.
Old 03-22-2021, 01:01 AM
Milking Your Plastic
Milking Your Plastic

I don't have the abilities to recreate the stems.
Files of the drum patterns on their own all ready made up is what i'm after. Does anyone have some to share. The idrum sample pack contains some but many are missing.

The mixer on darktrain.jp had all the drum patterns i am after. For Born Slippy .NUXX for example i want the drum patterns that are made from the "Nuxx HiTom" & "Nux LowTom" files which are just individual sounds which are useless. Has anyone tried programs like spleeter to split tracks? If so, do they work and what is the sound quality ?

i
Old 03-22-2021, 03:06 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

The app has long gone now as well. Can’t redownload it.
Old 03-22-2021, 06:34 PM
Milking Your Plastic
Milking Your Plastic

I have never used the app but supposedly it just contains the samples that have already been shared with us and if that is the case then the app has no value to me. I'm interested in obtaining all the isolated drum/melody patterns that aren't included in the idrum samples. The idrum samples contains a lot of individual notes and you then have to recreate the drum pattern yourself. Good example is the file "NUXX HiTom". Is there a way I can get the drum pattern that this file "NUXX HiTom" is used for in the finished song without having to spend hours on end learning to recreate it.
I was thinking there might possibly be a live show that contain these drum patterns on their own but the sound quality would have to be good and quite difficult to find without crowd noise.
Old 03-23-2021, 01:52 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

The app has the samples pre-sequenced and then you can manipulate them, so in that sense, it may be valuable to see it.
Old 03-23-2021, 08:37 PM
Milking Your Plastic
Milking Your Plastic

As others have pointed out, the app is not available anymore. So does anyone have it and would be willing to share it?
Can someone confirm for me if the samples in the app go beyond what has been shared here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P-u...ew?usp=sharing

I want the finished drum patterns not sound bites or separate notes like "Nuxx HiTom". Please download the folder from the link if you haven't done so already and listen to this file "NUXX HiTom". Samples like this are useless for me.
Does the app actually provide the drum pattern already made up as it appears in the song. I'm not interested in trying to remake them.
Old 03-23-2021, 11:36 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

What's in that Google Drive are all the samples that are contained inside the app. It's not complete for each song, but enough to reproduce some portions of each song. The app has each song laid out in a preset order, and you can then manipulate and change stuff as you like, or start your own song from scratch.

There are videos that show how it works:

Unfortunately, there are two problems with sharing the app. First, it's locked to the Apple ID account that purchased it. Secondly, it's 32-bit only, meaning it has to be run on an iOS device running iOS 10 or lower.