Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 07-23-2016, 05:02 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

2016-07-22 Bluedot
Dark train: is that some new bits or some serious mic distortion? why not both?

shaky camera of Rez/Cowgirl and Nuxx

Some cool flourishes in cowgirl, they really carry out the wait before the last build up in cowgirl. Rick and Karl really seem to be enjoying themselves

This video actually shows the start of nuxx, which they drop basically straight into.

Old 07-24-2016, 08:29 AM
crankphoto
More a bitter man

Re: 2016 -07-22 Bluedot
Was at Bluedot too, and thought all 3 bands were great, worriedaboutsatan played a short intro set, then Public Service Broadcasting, then Underworld. I ended up on the front row with Janie (my partner who has grown to love UW), we also met Philip and his Wife, he lurks on here but travels internationally to see the boys on tour.

A great gig with some minor differences in flourish and mix, certainly enough to make the gig different, much like I felt Glastonbury was a bit different. A nice start to Nuxx.

Some interesting things, I got the Set List from the mixing tent, at least 10 minutes after the gig had finished (I have 4 or 5 setlists, Southbank, Roundhouse, Manchester several times, and now this.) does no one ask for them anymore - when though it is typed now ?

There was no encore, and it was a short set at 1:45 ish.

The sound was great, we were a bit more to the side for PSB and the sound was great there too, but closer, directly in front of a big bass speaker, it was spot on, perhaps the best big venue sound I have experienced, with no washing over towards the end when your hearing starts to go.

Lastly, the organisers of Bluedot allowed Digital SLR's so I was able to take some OK kit, (not my best fast lenses and D5 camera) but a D750, 20mm and 24-85. As a result the images are nearly as good as my Mcr Albert Hall set (posted on here). Great to be able to shoot so close, considering I was not in the press pit. Will post up some when edited fully. Thanks Bluedot and thanks for a great to Karl and Rick.

BTW, where is Darren Price ? Does the new desk make him redundant ?
Old 07-24-2016, 05:21 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankphoto View Post
I got the Set List from the mixing tent, at least 10 minutes after the gig had finished (I have 4 or 5 setlists, Southbank, Roundhouse, Manchester several times, and now this.) does no one ask for them anymore - when though it is typed now ?
At Pomona I was literally at the mixing desk, and the setlist was nabbed by someone else not 2 seconds after the show ended.

The setlists have been typed since they moved to fixed setlists on the Barking tour.

Quote:
There was no encore, and it was a short set at 1:45 ish.
Typical for a festival set.

Quote:
Lastly, the organisers of Bluedot allowed Digital SLR's so I was able to take some OK kit, (not my best fast lenses and D5 camera) but a D750, 20mm and 24-85. As a result the images are nearly as good as my Mcr Albert Hall set (posted on here). Great to be able to shoot so close, considering I was not in the press pit. Will post up some when edited fully.
Nice! Looking forward to seeing them.

Quote:
BTW, where is Darren Price ? Does the new desk make him redundant ?
It seems that's pretty much what they've decided now. He was on stage at the beginning of the year, but since the start of the festival leg this summer, he has not been on stage, except for 3 shows where he subbed for Rick.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:07 AM
Total Longo
river

I oddly enjoyed it when it started to rain, for some reason "Jumbo" and "Rez/Cowgirl" seemed to suit it and people around me ( we were just to the right of the mixing desk) definitely started to dance more. Still gutted they never played "Juanita/Kiteless" but in all honesty i never really expected them to. I assumed that it would be a similar set to Glastonbury. I think my personal favourite moment was "Two Months Off". Absolutely loved the whole day.
Old 07-29-2016, 09:42 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Sideways camera of Rez/Cowgirl, but decent sound:
Old 08-01-2016, 04:29 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

One more of Rez/Cowgirl. 50fps, not sideways and fairly stable. The transition from Rez to Cowgirl is reminiscent of the one featured in EE, particularly at 3:27. Not identical, but similar.

scribble:
Old 08-01-2016, 05:17 PM
potatobroth
bungalow

loving the lights on Scribble.