Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > interupt.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:05 PM
third.toughest
Was Bruce Lee-now...

Saint's Row 2
Am I the only person in the world that cannot quit playing this game? I pre-ordered it and picked it up on Tuesday night after work. I was off Wed and Thurs and stayed up until 4 am playing. My wife is just as addicted as I am and we took turns all day and a lot of the night playing.
It beats the dog crap out of Grand Theft Auto 4. In GTA, I did a bank robbery and got $250k. There was nothing to spend the money on. In SR2, you can fully customize everything. You can fully customize your charactor, buy clothes (pick the colors), buy houses,cars (and store them in your garage), pimp out all the cars in your garage.

If you like GTA (or the first Saint's Row) I cannot reccommend it highly enough!
Also: Does anyone know if there will be a drums/mic set for Guitar Hero:World Tour (PS3)for those of us that already have a couple of guitars?
Old 08-02-2009, 12:34 PM
human151
deletion

Re: Saint's Row 2
I played the first one amd thought it was great.

How does it stack up against GTA 4?
Old 08-03-2009, 12:47 AM
matt
old man einstein

The first Saint's Row was a pretty ordinary sandbox game and seemed like an underdeveloped and half assed attempt by developers to come up with a GTA clone.

Saint's Row 2 however is a whole heap of fun and probably shits all over GTA IV from a great height mainly because Rockstar went all grey and serious with their latest instalment and seemed to forget that most people play videogames because they want to enjoy themselves. Sure, Saint's Row 2 isn't exactly pushing any boundaries in the originality stakes, but it's silly, over the top, excessively violent and a shed load of fun.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:22 AM
Bargo
pants

I really, really love Saints Row 2, and had so much more fun playing it than GTA4. Unlike GTA4, which aggravated me with its terrible mission checkpoints and dull activities outside of them, Volition seemed to approach every facet of SR2 with the mindset of "how can we make this as fucking fun as possible for the player". And really, if I'm going to dedicate 15-20 hours to a game, I'd rather they be enjoyable ones.

There's so many good things about SR2.. the cutscenes (probably the first game to really make me belly-laugh, especially if you pick the "geezer" accent as your character's voice).. the frequent mission checkpoints that HUGELY eliminate frustration.. all the mini-games and activites ("Insurance Fraud" is a classic).. and the missions themselves are always varied and great fun, as opposed to all the "chase X in vehicle Y, kill X" missions in GTA4.

If I was to pick one downer about it, it's that the PC port is a bit shit, technically-speaking. Framerate issues when driving at a high speed and some pretty dodgy controls.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:38 AM
human151
deletion

a firend of mine spotted SR2 on sale used for &10 and picked me up a copy. not too far in yet but is really fun. I did a few fuzz missions, which were lol, and a few missions drivers around my hoes. Broke Johnny Gat from the courthouse. Its nice to see a familiar face...

Overall good game, but imo graphics arent as good as GTA4.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:45 PM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

Welcome.