borndirty

Go Back   Dirty Forums > moments.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 07-05-2019, 03:48 PM
mark3 mark3 is offline
pants
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 410
Default Re: 2019-07-05 Roskilde Festival

Loads of problems for Rick this evening. Probably had to shorten down the setlist. Just 70 minutes
__________________
uw0882
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-05-2019, 04:09 PM
jetpig jetpig is offline
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 986
Default Re: 2019-07-05 Roskilde Festival

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark3 View Post
Loads of problems for Rick this evening. Probably had to shorten down the setlist. Just 70 minutes



Hard to see what's going on behind the desk from the crowd, but what sort of problems? drop outs? things not firing up right?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-05-2019, 05:05 PM
robotusch robotusch is offline
mouseman
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Odense, Denmark
Posts: 77
Default Re: 2019-07-05 Roskilde Festival

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpig View Post
Hard to see what's going on behind the desk from the crowd, but what sort of problems? drop outs? things not firing up right?
Samples dropping in the middle of other songs was what I noted the most. Happened twice iirc.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-05-2019, 05:28 PM
Resolute Resolute is offline
Heal yourself,
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 121
Default Re: 2019-07-05 Roskilde Festival

didn't play rez itself, straight to cowgirl with the usual rez ending. started out on the same loop that went on for seemingly too long while rick kept going between laptop and console.
rowla accidentally came in during cowgirl briefly, cowgirl came in during the end of nuxx and led to a very small pause before nuxx continued.
__________________
Sine thesis
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-06-2019, 01:59 AM
mark3 mark3 is offline
pants
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 410
Default Re: 2019-07-05 Roskilde Festival

Also, Listen to their no ended abruptly. Rick was shaking his head in frustration. It was a great night, though, just a bit short
__________________
uw0882
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-06-2019, 03:42 AM
jose m jose m is offline
pants
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: london
Posts: 435
Default Re: 2019-07-05 Roskilde Festival

75 mins was the contacted set time at the request of the festival
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-06-2019, 06:47 AM
Nico4 Nico4 is offline
river
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 8
Default Re: 2019-07-05 Roskilde Festival

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute View Post
didn't play rez itself, straight to cowgirl with the usual rez ending. started out on the same loop that went on for seemingly too long while rick kept going between laptop and console.
rowla accidentally came in during cowgirl briefly, cowgirl came in during the end of nuxx and led to a very small pause before nuxx continued.
That was strange. I wonder if it was an equipment error or if Rick made a mistake. I happened to catch the snafu here
. Idk if Rez/Cowgirl was shortened due to errors. At least Karl wasn't aware of it. He came back on stage being all "ohh you little joker!" towards Rick.

Not that it really mattered to the set in the long run. The Danish festival critics over here are calling it one of the best shows at the festival, handing out 5's and 6's. I myself thought it was miles better than what they presented at the Mad Cool Festival last year.

Last edited by Nico4; 07-06-2019 at 06:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-07-2019, 08:26 AM
robotusch robotusch is offline
mouseman
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Odense, Denmark
Posts: 77
Default Re: 2019-07-05 Roskilde Festival

I thought the set seemed a bit short, but in hindsight it wasn't necessarily a bad thing. They kept the tempo up all the way through, and given the slot time they had - 11.30 pm on day 3 of the festival (7 if you count the warmup period) - people were at a point where they just wanted to dance and party. And Rick & Karl let them do just that, throwing out banger after banger and finishing up with the one anthem to rule them all, however cheesy it may be.

I should add, Karl threw in a "It’s been a long time since we danced together. Do you wanna dance with me?" before Nuxx kicked off. Everyone around me took him up on that offer.

Last edited by robotusch; 07-07-2019 at 08:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-07-2019, 10:12 AM
jetpig jetpig is offline
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 986
Default Re: 2019-07-05 Roskilde Festival

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotusch View Post
I thought the set seemed a bit short, but in hindsight it wasn't necessarily a bad thing. They kept the tempo up all the way through, and given the slot time they had - 11.30 pm on day 3 of the festival (7 if you count the warmup period) - people were at a point where they just wanted to dance and party. And Rick & Karl let them do just that, throwing out banger after banger and finishing up with the one anthem to rule them all, however cheesy it may be.

I should add, Karl threw in a "Itís been a long time since we danced together. Do you wanna dance with me?" before Nuxx kicked off. Everyone around me took him up on that offer.

Everyone always does.


Thanks for the info on the slipups. Good to know our heroes are human.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-10-2019, 12:55 PM
robotusch robotusch is offline
mouseman
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Odense, Denmark
Posts: 77
Default Re: 2019-07-05 Roskilde Festival

Some high quality videos recorded from the crowd:
Dark Train


Rez / Cowgirl

(Slip up is at around 3:30)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.