Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > interupt.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:55 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

video game recommendations for the wii?
So I have a Wii

but the ONLY multiple player games I have are Super Mario Brothers and Smash Brothers Brawl (or whatever it's called)

I think I'm in the mood for a new video game, but I seriously have no clue what to get.

It definitely would have to be at least a two-player game, and I'm looking for something with loads of senseless violence
so I def am not in the mood for a 'sports' game or one of those multiple player 'party' games

...something action/adventure

any suggestions?
Old 02-17-2010, 12:29 PM
potatobroth
bungalow

Re: video game recommendations?
Not all that many senseless violence games for the Wii. In fact off the top of my head I can't think of a single one that is co-op.

One doesn' think Wii when searching out "senseless violence".
Old 02-17-2010, 02:09 PM
mmm skyscraper
fac123

MadWorld
Old 02-18-2010, 03:00 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Madworld looks cool... but is it two player?

I guess I should have clarified a bit about the "senseless violence" bit... I basically just want a FUN action game that isn't too cutesy and is pretty straight forward

like... If only there was "Contra" for the Wii
Old 02-18-2010, 03:13 PM
mmm skyscraper
fac123

Unfortunately only the challenges are two player. Oh well.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:10 PM
oceanic
Just glad to be here.

Anyone seen or played Nyxquest for the Wii? It's a classic sidescroller in so many ways but but with all the best elements of the wii controller style incorporated into it. The music and motion inside the game I can only describe using melodramatic adjectives like "beautiful" and "breathtaking". Honestly, it's really, really good - especially if you have a love for classic (1st-3rd gen.) gaming but are glad for the music enhancements that came out of the CD game generation. If anyone's played it let me know your thoughts on it.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:31 AM
matt
old man einstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion View Post

any suggestions?
Yes. Sell your Wii and get a proper games console like the PS3 or XBox. Loads of games like you're looking for on those systems.

The only possible recommendation I can think of for the Wii is Zelda, but that's got no multiplayer whatsoever.

Seriously, sell your Wii.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:13 PM
Future Proof
Richard Simmons

Re: video game recommendations for the wii?
I second the recommendations concerning the 360 or PS3. The Wii is more of a social console, one of those things where you get people together and swat at tennis balls or smack gerbils around, or whatever the game may be. And when the Wii works it works quite well, but it gets largely overshadowed by the games on the 360 and PS3, especially when it comes to online play.

I recently swapped my 360 for a PS3 and couldn't be happier, though the choice was largely so that I could get on with building a blu-ray collection. Turns out though that the PS3 has got some amazing exclusive titles as of late however. Demon's Souls was an incredible adventure/RPG game with some of the most innovative online implementations in some time. Borderlands, though not a PS3 exclusive title has an awesome online co-op mode which it sounds like you'd enjoy. And Infamous, though not a multiplayer game is an incredible action title that is also a PS3 exclusive. It plays similar to Prototype (if you've checked that out already) but has a much better graphic presentation and more memorable characters. Not to knock Prototype however, nothing out there feels as visceral as Prototype's action.

But yes, I think the PS3 has got the momentuum at the moment. With most quality titles coming out for it lately and an amazing selection of exclusives, I feel that it has caught up and maybe even surpassed the 360 in terms of library quality and depth. IMHO, that happened once Demon's Souls came out because it is completely amazing and revolutionary, and that is the one title that adventure/rpg fans need to play, even if that means having to buy a PS3 to do it.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:20 AM
matt
old man einstein

inFamous was great. Finished that a couple of months ago and will definitely be replaying it in the future taking the evil option instead.

Just completed Heavy Rain which is another PS3 exclusive and unlike any other game I've ever played. Takes the form of a whodunnit film noir and whilst there are lots of little niggles & flaws the whole thing is great fun and a breath of fresh air to the games industry. Be interesting to see what Quantic Dreams do next.

God of War 3 arriving tomorrow (another PS3 exclusive) and it's been getting rave reviews so I'm gearing up for some major god ass whooping.

I think the only Xbot exclusive I'd wish I could play would be the Mass Effect games but otherwise the PS3 exclusives like Heavy Rain, Little Big Planet, Killzone 2, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted and the forthcoming Mod Nation Racers swing it easily in favour of the PS3 for me. There's even some great PSN exclusive games like Flower and the Pixel Junk series.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:17 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
We have a handful of Wii games...the ones that held my interest the longest have been Super Mario Galaxy and Lego Star Wars the Complete Saga. Mostly because these types of games have lots and lots of levels to complete. These don't involve senseless/bloody violence, though. Sorry!

i agree with you joethlion that the Wii "sports" games, i.e. Wii Resort, Game Party, Wii Play are amusing in short doses or when playing against someone, but they seem morelike party novelties than something i'd want to repeatedly play to beat a personal score.