Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:54 AM
cacophony
disquietude

Re: collectors' corner
found adidas on ebay in what should translate to my size. now to sit patiently and hope i don't get screwed on the transaction and the seller doesn't just make off with my cash.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:25 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Wow, i don't know what I did to deserve it, but the postman was extra nice to me today. I got a Crocodile promo, 2 Beautiful Burnout promos, Boy Boy Boy, and Live at The Oblivion Ball.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:16 PM
cacophony
disquietude

man, i should have never bought these shoes. all this talk about fakes has made me so incredibly paranoid. i've read all of the guides on how to spot the fakes and i've checked every small detail on these things and so far they've passed every test. BUT HOW WILL I EVER KNOW FOR SURE??!?!?!

these shoes have become my monkey's paw. i'm cursed by them. because wondering is driving me insane.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Liam
too cool for scholastics

If you can't tell then why does it matter?
ALT-F4
CTRL-ALT-DEL
CTRL-ALT-DEL
Old 01-04-2008, 04:16 PM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacophony
man, i should have never bought these shoes. all this talk about fakes has made me so incredibly paranoid. i've read all of the guides on how to spot the fakes and i've checked every small detail on these things and so far they've passed every test. BUT HOW WILL I EVER KNOW FOR SURE??!?!?!

these shoes have become my monkey's paw. i'm cursed by them. because wondering is driving me insane.
take some pics of them in various lighting situations and post them here.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:39 PM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Don't see any of the shoes available in a manly enough size for my gigantic, manly feet.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:42 PM
cacophony
disquietude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam
If you can't tell then why does it matter?
that's what my husband says. his opinion is that even if they are fake, if they're good enough fakes that you can't tell the difference even with all the "fake spotter" guides out there, then they're just as good as the real thing.

i've decided to ease my mental anguish this way: i'll wear them. i wasn't going to wear them but i've changed my mind. that way, if they're real i've gotten enjoyment out of them. and if they're fake who cares if they get scuffed?
Old 01-05-2008, 03:50 PM
cacophony
disquietude

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub
take some pics of them in various lighting situations and post them here.
holy shit. okay one of the reasons i doubted them was because they didn't look reflective at all. then suddenly tonight i was walking into the bathroom and i flipped the light on and glanced out into the bedroom and they were reflecting like a mofo. then i grabbed my camera and took two shots. sure enough, unreflective in normal light but glow-tastic with a flash.

picture

oh my god, i already left the guy feedback saying the shoes were counterfeit. someone please tell me the counterfeit ones reflect, too. because otherwise i'm going to have to go back and apologize and humbly withdraw my objection.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:37 PM
Jan
vision

Hmmm, this is strange.
The laces of my pair don't have written "Underworld" all over them and are just beige.
Did you get those special laces with the shoes?

Here is a comparison of authentic and fake if you haven't seen it already:
http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=671391

I think you can see the difference most clearly when you look at that (don't know the English word...). It's felt-like on the originals whereas on the fake ones it's made of shiny and soft fabric.
It's really hard to spot any difference.

It seems I got authentic ones! ...just without those laces.
uw#0523
Old 01-05-2008, 06:47 PM
cacophony
disquietude

yeah they came with the tan laces in, but had the packs of special laces with them. swapping out the tan laces for the underworld/tomato laces was the first thing i did.

i don't think the insole looks like the one identified as "fake" in that link. they aren't mottled like that. and they aren't shiny. but i'm not sure i'd use the word "felt" to describe them. hell, i don't know. in a couple of the shots they more resemble the fake ones. in a couple they more resemble the real ones. they do not have the little tab at the heel, i know that for sure. and i checked the ID tags sewn into the tongues. apparently on fakes the serial numbers are usually the same for both shoes. on mine the serial numbers are different for each shoe. i don't know that i think the lack of tab and the serial number thing are really solid arguments for real, though. that just takes counterfeiters getting one step smarter.

i'm pretty sure i wouldn't have known or cared about this issue if i hadn't read the whole discussion on previous pages about fakes. it seriously wouldn't have occurred to me to question it and i could have lived in ignorant bliss. DAMN YOU DIRTIES! YOU MADE ME PARANOID ABOUT SHOES!!!