kontakt1968
mouseman

RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience and DRIFT Series 1 Complete
Click image for larger version

Name:	DRIFT-Boxset-100620s-scaled-e1591792585460.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	479

DRIFT was released as a sampler and a super deluxe, eight-disc box set that sold out on release.

Responding to both demand and many people’s changed circumstances, the package has been remodelled for a new compact edition that contains all of the original CDs and accompanying BluRay along with a perfect bound, 50-page book and a previously unreleased, hour-long recording of Rick’s DRIFT pre-show set recorded live before Underworld’s show at Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam on November 23rd 2019.

There’s never been a better time to explore DRIFT.

Box set purchase links:

Amazon (US): https://amzn.to/3lvcXAR
Amazon (UK): https://amzn.to/3hIen91

The new box set does not include any digital download codes inside. If you purchase the box set at Underworld's Bandcamp or Store, you will also receive a code to download 24-48 hi-res files on Bandcamp and a PDF of the original 80-page Drift Series 1 book.

RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience is also separately available to purchase digitally here.

If you purchased the original box set, the Additional Download bundle has been updated to include Rick's set. If you already redeemed your download code earlier, there's no need to dig it out again. Just go to:

https://redeem.thesoundofvinyl.com/

Click Login in the upper-right corner, and after logging in, you will see the link to your download again without having to re-enter the code. The new download filename is "DRIFT_Boxset-extras_June2020_FIXED.zip"

Japan Release Date: September 14, 2020
UK Release Date: September 18, 2020
EU Release Date: September 25, 2020
US Release Date: October 2, 2020

---------------------------

Link to store shows what Looks like new version of drift boxset with extra disc RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience (Live in Amsterdam)

Last edited by TheBang; 08-30-2020 at 05:25 PM. Reason: admin info edit
Old 06-14-2020, 03:04 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience and DRIFT Series 1 Complete
A couple of interesting notes:

They've changed the artwork for Episodes 2 and 4. There's also new sleeve artwork for the Necks disc and the Blu-ray. The Necks artwork is from a photo taken at Sydney Opera House (in the Drift book)

And there are lyrics for every song published on Bandcamp! If you click on Drift Series 1 Complete and mouseover next to each song, you'll see a Lyrics link.
Old 06-14-2020, 04:28 AM
stimpee
Administrator

I think its a good move. Bring costs down, give each disc its own slipcase, give the existing fans something new, make the whole thing available in high-res formats, add lyrics to the lot. Whats not to like?

To whoever from UW who might read this: Job well done!
Old 06-15-2020, 02:22 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

It's not in the book. It's a loose sheet of paper, red on both sides, with the Steam Powered Man poem on one side, and the tracklisting and credits on the back. The download code is below the credits.
Old 06-15-2020, 03:47 AM
lemonjelly
mouseman

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
It's not in the book. It's a loose sheet of paper, red on both sides, with the Steam Powered Man poem on one side, and the tracklisting and credits on the back. The download code is below the credits.
Of course! It was the earlier boxsets that had a small piece of paper with the download code on it. I'm such an idiot!

I will be downloading this set later today. Think the email says the full version is available after 1800 hours UK time?

Ricks set at wembley was fantastic. think it ended with a bombing version of better than diamonds/drift poem. I so wish that was included with this release.
Old 06-15-2020, 03:53 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

I got this from UW HQ:

Hi Matthew

The download area that the code gives you access to will, by 18.00 GMT Monday 15th June, have all the original Drift extras PLUS the newly added RicksDubbedOutDriftExpierience (Live in Amsterdam).

Enjoy!
Old 06-15-2020, 04:43 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

so is this ONLY available here? i bought the full set via iTunes and will gladly toss a few bucks for this, but i dont know how to get it. Bandcamp? really? who uses bandcamp?

Last edited by potatobroth; 06-15-2020 at 04:53 AM.
Old 06-15-2020, 07:36 AM
negative1

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth View Post
so is this ONLY available here? i bought the full set via iTunes and will gladly toss a few bucks for this, but i dont know how to get it. Bandcamp? really? who uses bandcamp?
itunes, who uses that? i never have, and same with all the non apple users.

bandcamp is way more accessible with much better options.

later
Old 06-15-2020, 03:25 PM
iamneorev
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth View Post
I love Bandcamp. It's been quite popular for a while and growing even more popular. I don't use iTunes. Ain't gonna drop cash on lossy variable bitrate. Bandcamp is simple, direct, and gives you options for formats.
Old 06-15-2020, 07:41 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

You know - I was surprised at the use of bandcamp too
(even though I'm pretty sure I mentioned and suggested it here)

But, honestly - I think more bands will be using it going forward. It's a pretty easy interface (both to share content & to download) and it's super nice to have the different download options. Plus, as a 'band' / 'content provider'... the service has nice options to package releases, which you can't really do on iTunes.

I've managed to get quite a few mixtapes and remix collections off of Bandcamp - plus, smaller bands like "In Flagranti" have put up most (if not all) of their back catalog on it.