Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2009, 12:19 AM
Flywaver
vision

Re: Orbital reform - Tour 2009
Not so keen on the remixes. Waste of 79p.....
But i am intrigued by Remind!?
Not heard this version before. Its not Live and it must be an earlier version than the Brown Album. Now i need to find the version mixed with Meat Beat Manifesto. Used to have that. Arrrggghhhhhh.....
Old 06-11-2009, 07:20 AM
Tiger
Freaknik!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flywaver View Post
. Now i need to find the version mixed with Meat Beat Manifesto. Used to have that. Arrrggghhhhhh.....
love that track, think its the closer on danny howells' first nubreed mix. whether that helps u or not i doubt it but didn't they do unmixed vinyl versions of some mixes?????
You take the piss again and i'll remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath and push it up your cock. Then i'll put some speakers up your arse and put it on shuffle every time i hear something i don't like - which will be every time that something comes on - i will skip to the next track by crushing your balls.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:42 AM
darktrain
powered by robuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flywaver View Post
need to find the version mixed with Meat Beat Manifesto. Used to have that. Arrrggghhhhhh.....
It's the Mind the Bend the Mind mix on MBM's Mindstream single.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:21 AM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion View Post
I just think it's ridiculous that this release is for 'newbies to Orbital' as, we - wasn't that the point of "Work"????

aaaand - I mean... come on.

clearly this release is for nothing other than added publicity for their new live shows
and it's a bit silly to be celebrating their 20th Anniversary if they "broke up" for a few years...

See also: Favre, Brett

Can't blame them for doing what they love but I really wish they'd release some new material out of this. They ended Orbital at the right time IMO but you have to wonder if the Hartnoll brothers are afraid of vanishing into obscurity.

Yes the new release is just publicity for the tour, which is not really uncommon, but Work was a really bad attempt at representing what was great about the group (I started with that album and couldn't have imagined how great their classic albums were), and that new-ish Halycon greatest hits thing was trash. Hopefully this one turns out much better!!
Old 06-13-2009, 08:52 AM
dubnobasswithme
koob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j View Post
See also: Favre, Brett
zing! well played

yeah, this cd release seems pretty silly. at the same time, i'll check out the remixes on there and probably buy a few a la carte if it's an option...

uw0006
Old 06-16-2009, 03:18 PM
//\/\/
slogging it out

friends who've seen the 'new' set are pretty happy...

...bbc website has 'satan' from rockness - a bit revamped - a new guitar riff here, new samples there; but lacking in punch overall. fades out just as they start 'belfast' unfortunately...
Old 09-23-2009, 02:48 PM
GoatSucker
GoatSuckerLive.com

So, some friends have just cancelled on me, so I've got 2 spare tickets for the Brixton Academy gig on Friday.

If anyone is interested, PM me.

Tickets are standing, £25 each (face value).

Cheers...
Old 09-23-2009, 03:30 PM
Dunwho
Big Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatSucker View Post
So, some friends have just cancelled on me, so I've got 2 spare tickets for the Brixton Academy gig on Friday.

If anyone is interested, PM me.

Tickets are standing, £25 each (face value).

Cheers...
Well i saw them in Electric Picnic, the set was great and had an amazing time. Hoping on a plane in the morning to see them there tomorrow night with my girlfriend.

If they blow my socks off i may see if we are interested in a second night, but i have a feeling it wil be the usual Orbital playing the exact thing every night and so i may give it a miss
Old 09-24-2009, 08:11 AM
ThingInABook
vision

i recently discovered that there's a rumor that orbital will play in buenos aires and santiago. according to the rumor, it'll be on creamfields.

6 of november, i'm so going to be there.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:15 AM
Dunwho
Big Time

Just to say, saw them play at Brixton Academy on the 24th (Thursday Night)

They were ok, i saw them play at electric picnic and while it wasnt the longest or the most experimental show, they stuck to the point, got everyone moving and there wasnt much fiddling about.

The show in London was nearly boring at times.. although saying that they did have a few banging moments, but with every great tune they did a very long and meandering mix that didn't really do much at all for me..

Ah well, still had a great night.

They also need to sort out Halcyon, my fav song, but they have some high tones that sound like feedback and it just sounded shockin at times.