Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:58 AM
DwarfeD

Another Born Slippy remix (by Ilsa Gold)
This afternoon I was listening to some oldschool rave sounds by Ilsa Gold. About 5 or 6 years ago I bought a compilation by these Austrian guys and since then I didn't listened to it that often. When I bought it, it was more as a good document which contained some nice youth memories, then something I would play all the time. When I was listening this afternoon I found out that the first disc contains a hidden bonus track, which is a remix of Born Slippy. That was kind of weird, being the big Underworld fan that I am. First I thought aaah not another BS-remix, but somehow it is kind of fun. I don't know if others around here are familiar with the works of Ilsa Gold, but they made some weird hardcore/gabber/techno sound mixed with old German songs by the likes of Peter Cornelius and Karel Gott. They did the same in this Born Slippy mix. Which makes it a bit of a weird affair. So it is not like this genius remix or something, more like a remix for laughs. Although the alterations they did with the parts at the beginning of the track work out pretty well I think. I thought I share it with other dirts, so listen for yourself.

uw0769
Old 09-10-2010, 09:10 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Re: Another Born Slippy remix (by Ilsa Gold)
My signature.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:35 AM
lowbit
future pundit

Re: Another Born Slippy remix (by Ilsa Gold)
I have to agree, that is one of the most interesting BS remixes I've heard. The additional chord changes really give the track a whole different feeling, keeping the energy but adding sort of a melancholy tone.

Thanks for the pointer and link!