Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 11-07-2022, 03:32 AM
thee carp dreamer
done up like a kipper

Question regarding Everything Everything
Hello all,
Not sure whether this has been answered elsewhere, but does anyone know for certain which tracks from EE were taken from which specific gigs?
I've seen Lowlands and Pukkelpop been mentioned but no indication of which year (98 or 99), or which tracks come from which gigs. The DVD has footage from Fuji Rock and Glastonbury as well as others so does any of the audio come from there too?
I imagine there's a fair bit of post production so it's not an exact recording from each gig, but any help would be appreciated.
Similarly does anyone know where the Kittens and Dark Train live audio comes from?
Cheers,
Carpy
Old 11-07-2022, 12:48 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: Question regarding Everything Everything
Tim Kong (who did video projections on the BF tour) details a lot of the DVD production tidbits here:

https://www.continue.nz/a-flaming-8-ball/

The audio apparently primarily comes from the 1999-03-19 Ancienne Belgique gig. And that's corroborated by the Content ID audio matching on YouTube, because whenever you have EE audio matched, it always says that the copyrighted audio is "Live / Brussels, Belgium / 1999". You can see a couple examples in the copyright information in these videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZdRVYGzdkw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhhFhUY1FAU

Tim says the video footage comes from Fuji Rock, Pinkpop, Glasto 99, and a little from Brussels. I think this is confirmed in the end credits of EE.

Update: So, there's an audience recording of 1999-05-22 Vorst Nationaal in Brussels, and that lines up to the EE recording. So, either the recording is mislabled, or Tim's memory is incorrect as to which 1999 Brussels gig it was. I'm leaning on the side of Tim's memory being incorrect, but I might try to reach out to him to confirm.

Anyway, listening to that audience recording, it's clear that the Kittens and Rowla bonus tracks also come from the same show. In fact, the recording pretty much confirms that essentially all of EE comes from it. There's a little post-production sweetening in some places, like the chord drops in NUXX, and some of Karl's interstitial bits might come from other gigs. But the vast majority of the audio is basically the Brussels gig.
Old 03-12-2023, 06:25 AM
markreed
mouseman

There's also some video from Wolverhampton 1999 and Manchester 1998 (though largely crowd shots at various places), as I recognise the architecture and can see my face in the crowd!
Old 03-13-2023, 07:45 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by markreed View Post
There's also some video from Wolverhampton 1999 and Manchester 1998 (though largely crowd shots at various places), as I recognise the architecture and can see my face in the crowd!
Thats the first time ive ever heard that Wolverhampton and Manchester were used!
Old 03-13-2023, 03:48 PM
DoomofKiss
river

Where's the video link of the Wolverhampton 1999 gig ?
Old 12-21-2022, 11:30 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

I deep dove into some rtsr-trade archives, and found some discussions about the Vorst Nationaal gig that confirms the recording is labeled correctly. So that is indeed the source for all the audio of EE.
Old 03-12-2023, 09:47 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Interesting. I always thought it came from the Vorst Nationaa gig. Mislabelling is one hell of a mislabel.
Old 03-12-2023, 02:09 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
Interesting. I always thought it came from the Vorst Nationaa gig.
Did you read the whole post? It is indeed from the Vorst Nationaal gig.
Old 03-13-2023, 06:58 AM
lemonjelly
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
Interesting. I always thought it came from the Vorst Nationaa gig. Mislabelling is one hell of a mislabel.
No Way! I was at the wolverhampton gig. Must have a re-watch.
Old 03-14-2023, 09:13 AM
lemonjelly
mouseman

mark reed suggests some of the footage in the EE dvd is from wolverhampton. As a long time resident of wolverhampton, and as I have been to the civic hall more than any other venue I need to review the EE footage to see if I agree with him