Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 10:29 PM
the real stuff
falling off the world

track 4 of Electraglide 2000
I didn't read the forums before the big overhaul so I'm sorry if this has been discussed. The fourth track played at Electraglide in Tokyo '00 is incredible and this is the only version I've heard... I was wondering if other versions exist. Have they played this before, has it ever been released (or will it ever be)?

It's such an incredible track, I don't want to believe that it just disappeared

BTW this is the one that's played after Pearls Girl and before Born Slippy (instrumental)
Old 07-27-2005, 05:28 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Re: track 4 of Electraglide 2000
That'd be an improvisation, and while i don't know if it was played at other gigs, i think the Electraglide '00 show is the only bootlegged version of it.

It is a wicked pounding track that i'd love to hear released. This, along with "Five Points", and the heavy improv from last tour (hear on the Creamfields show, and Lowlands festival), they'd make a great record.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:25 AM
Mike
born013

Quote:
Originally Posted by the real stuff
The fourth track played at Electraglide in Tokyo '00 is incredible and this is the only version I've heard... I was wondering if other versions exist. Have they played this before, has it ever been released (or will it ever be)?

BTW this is the one that's played after Pearls Girl and before Born Slippy (instrumental)
It is an early version of a track called 'Biro The Leggy' - It has never really been officially released, but they played it once on one of their dirtyradio broadcasts a few months ago.

Hope that helps!

-Mike
Old 07-28-2005, 08:39 AM
the real stuff
falling off the world

Thanks, I'll have to find this!
Old 08-02-2005, 02:32 AM
oversight
temperaturedrops

http://www.humanwire.net/media/Underworld - Biro The Leggy.mp3

context:
http://megamegamega.blogspot.com/200...a_archive.html

Last edited by oversight; 08-02-2005 at 02:35 AM.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:36 AM
holden
collateral damage

Hmm, we should probably do a history of "Biro the Leggy", as i'm not sure that the mp3 above (the version UW played on dirtyradio last year) is the same as other so-called "Biro's".

Correct me if i'm wrong, but how i remember it was:
"Biro the Leggy" was also a reference to an early version of "MoMove"
"Biro" was featured in the Underworld tee shirt transfer set
Was there a "Biro" clip on UWLive briefly as part of Music Bank rehearsals?
The Electraglide Track 4 was nameless and sounds different than either "MoMove" and the "Biro" we now know?
Old 08-02-2005, 12:25 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden
Hmm, we should probably do a history of "Biro the Leggy", as i'm not sure that the mp3 above (the version UW played on dirtyradio last year) is the same as other so-called "Biro's".

Correct me if i'm wrong, but how i remember it was:
"Biro the Leggy" was also a reference to an early version of "MoMove"
"Biro" was featured in the Underworld tee shirt transfer set
Was there a "Biro" clip on UWLive briefly as part of Music Bank rehearsals?
The Electraglide Track 4 was nameless and sounds different than either "MoMove" and the "Biro" we now know?
Im sure Biro was on the music bank thing.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:36 AM
Mike
born013

The MoMove reference to Biro was just a speculated guess - the music bank video showed a akai sampler with 'Biro The Leggy' loaded up, but the music playing was a 3 minute version of the intro part from MoMove - but it wasn't necessaraly that track that was playing in the video but the name stuck anyway.

Obviously if R&K played us Biro, then that is the correct track - which to confuse things even more sounded like "Trousers" (which again was just a made up name from us to give it a title - it was from the very first version of the underworldlive.com site that had a section called 'trousers' and that was the music in the background...)

I hope it clears things up, although im sure its confused things even more.

Mike
Old 08-03-2005, 02:12 PM
holden
collateral damage

Just listened to that live track again...the drums are the same as "Biro the Leggy", but the melody is different and there are no vocals.

What the heck was track 11 from the Electraglide 00 gig? It's awesome! Pity the version i have is only 3:41...Yannick said there was a longer version. "I like the sound of your voice!" sez Karl. i say it back to him!

Maybe this and all unknow tracks should be "Biro the Laughing Tortoise's Leggy Trousers" (to mash up a few speculations!)
Old 08-03-2005, 03:03 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Biro the Leggy -> Mo Move

you can tell by the Music Bank video, the similarities between the tracks, and I think even at one point it was stated that BtL was developed into Mo Move...

track four of Electraglide was given the unofficial name of "Trousers" as it contained elements of the web audio that was on the reeeeeaaallly old version of UWlive (like when you could get Bungalow w/ Stairs, etc)

some of the percussion used in that track later made it's way to both Biro and Mo move, easiest to hear at 5:33 into the track

the other improv at that show -which occurs after NUXX and before Push Upstairs contains elements of Bit of Rope for Web (aka Ref: 010101) but what's the cool thing about this track is that there are elements of "Two Months Off" on it -> like at 5:27... or it could just be a slightly altered sample f/ Juanita (either or... it's still cool) [my copy of this track is 10:12 long]

btw - did anyone ever figure out where that soundboard recording of Juanita/Kiteless-Spoonman-Kittens was sourced from? I mean, we know what date... but who got it? and if more ever showed up?