Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you share your Underworld collections online?
Yes I do 10 23.26%
No I don't 19 44.19%
Yes, but only the stuff not commercially released 14 32.56%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2005, 02:40 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Do you share your Underworld mp3s?
As an avid Underworld fan, I'm sure you have a lot of Underworld stuff that you've either bought or copied from the net. I've encoded all my CDs to mp3@320 and do use some P2P apps like slsk. However, I don't put the Underworld discs in the share. Just wondering if and how many dirty.org members do actively/passively distribute their collections like this? If so, why?
Old 11-23-2005, 02:47 AM
Eikman
a life less extraordinary

Re: Do you share your Underworld mp3s?
what's soulseek?

Old 11-23-2005, 02:50 AM
stimpee
Administrator

well, you must know you smart ass because I only wrote slsk, not soulseek. Now answer the poll/thread and stop asking dumb questions
Old 11-23-2005, 02:52 AM
lloyd
bungalow

No I don't, I hardly ever download or share commercial available albums and never of my favorite artists (is there a feeling guilty line there??). What I want, I buy. But then again, I'm one of the oldtimers/dinos.I'm buying cds and dvds when they are released if I really really want them or wait till they're reduced in price if I just want them or 2ndhand if I stumble on them browsing my fav recordshop. What I do though is download lots of live shows in audio and video.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:52 AM
Eikman

oh shit. i got PWNED!

Old 11-23-2005, 02:59 AM
groovypanda
old man einstein

i don't really get this - if you use soulseek or any other p2p server then what you're doing is stealing (and helping others steal) music - it doesn't matter if you don't share the commercial releases of your favourite band or not as all the other stuff you do share makes you just as much a participant in illegal activities

i use soulseek a hell of a lot and so yes i'm depriving some artists from receiving my hard earned cash but i still do buy a lot of music, most of which i discover through soulseek in the first place. what i don't do is upload all of my CDs to my shared folders (at least not since the awesome audiogalaxy and its 'send to group' feature died out )
Old 11-23-2005, 03:12 AM
Eikman

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovypanda
i don't really get this - if you use soulseek or any other p2p server then what you're doing is stealing (and helping others steal) music - it doesn't matter if you don't share the commercial releases of your favourite band or not as all the other stuff you do share makes you just as much a participant in illegal activities
exactly. just because you don't share music by your favorite artist doesn't make the whole thing more acceptable or less illegal. it might make you feel better, but that's ridiculous after all. share everything or nothing.

Last edited by Eikman; 11-23-2005 at 03:17 AM.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:30 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Thats not the question here. The legality of p2p's can be saved for another time. I'm just wondering about the Underworld, especially if you've bought the CDs. Sure, I share a lot on slsk but not UW, or other bands I feel more strongly about. Maybe it depends on how strongly you feel for them, I don't know. But, if you'd just bought the new Underworld album on CD from your local store and a guy came upto you with his laptop outside and asked if he could rip it, would you let him? I'm not taking any moral highground here, just wanting to get in your heads and make you think.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:41 AM
Pancetta
pinksmile

everybody just answer no to this one then we'll keep getting MP3's from the shop!

Last edited by Pancetta; 11-23-2005 at 03:44 AM.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:55 AM
Leon
bungalow

I only share non-album tracks, recordings of new tracks/unfinished tracks from the radio shows and that's it.