Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2008, 02:02 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: [new tracks] -> _unreleased_dubnobasswithmyheadman_era_
I would reckon that your Dirty handle is crazysugarboy.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:11 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Listening to these on the drive and in the office... i made up a little fanboy fake cover art for this collection, basically reversing the Dubno front artwork and going nuts with text a la Tomato circa 1993-94 on the back.

'course, it doesn't fit on one 80 min CD, unless you can hande 3+ minutes of overburn

Anyway, for what it's worth, a lo-res sample. For those who like tangibility. If there's any interest i'll put it on the tracker.

cheers,
holden
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dubnoDAT.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	178  
Old 10-07-2008, 02:16 PM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

do any of the lyrics for big meat show appear on the dubno artwork or skyscraper book?
Old 10-07-2008, 02:58 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub View Post
do any of the lyrics for big meat show appear on the dubno artwork or skyscraper book?
you know...

I'll check this evening...
I would imagine, probably yes

...and about the sequencing of the prototype version vs the final...

while I can see 'Dirty Epic' starting out the album (Skyscraper could work as well, but anyways...)- "Dark & Long" just DOES NOT work as a track in the middle of the album at all!

or am I the only one?

[edit]
I found a page with "Big Meat Show" lyrics on it!!!

it really wasn't too hard... I kinda just flipped through the pages, and if it seemed like the words were random/spoonman/dirty epic/cowgirl/skyscraper, I just went on to the next

I don't know what page the lyrics are on though... maybe about 30 or so pages in?

on my printing (at least -> it's the one from '99) - the Big Meat Show lyrics are on a page that looks like:
black vertical bar going along the spine (inside) of the page (it covers about 1/3 of the width of the entire page)
to the left of it - is solid white, with the lyrics written in black
the first printed line is "waitress working in a"
the last printed line is "channel69"

(edit 2)
I just realized it would also help if I said what was on the opposite (right) page
basically solid white page with black text:
"boy makes sound like a pig boy makes sound like a bomb like a bird like a snake like a machine gun cartoon"

...there's a ton of text - but nothing that was actually used in any songs - but some phrases that come close

Last edited by joethelion; 10-07-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:08 PM
mmm skyscraper
fac123

and it's unlikely 'jamscraper' and 'mmm skyscraper...i love you' would be on the same album.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:11 PM
negative1

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
Listening to these on the drive and in the office... i made up a little fanboy fake cover art for this collection, basically reversing the Dubno front artwork and going nuts with text a la Tomato circa 1993-94 on the back.

'course, it doesn't fit on one 80 min CD, unless you can hande 3+ minutes of overburn

Anyway, for what it's worth, a lo-res sample. For those who like tangibility. If there's any interest i'll put it on the tracker.

cheers,
holden
sure, put it up.

looks cool..
later
Old 10-07-2008, 03:13 PM
negative1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm skyscraper View Post
and it's unlikely 'jamscraper' and 'mmm skyscraper...i love you' would be on the same album.
yeah, most likely one of two wouldn't make it,
i would think 'jamscraper'..

later
Old 10-07-2008, 03:16 PM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

i think the DAT wasn't meant to represent an LP but rather some finished tracks. taking the DAT's listing as an LP tracklist is a step in the wrong direction. i doubt anybody connected with UW thought that sequence of songs would be released in that exact order. it was meant to shop around the music to get a deal according to deckard. thinking of that order as an album order is misguided.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:23 PM
deckard236
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub View Post
i think the DAT wasn't meant to represent an LP but rather some finished tracks. taking the DAT's listing as an LP tracklist is a step in the wrong direction. i doubt anybody connected with UW thought that sequence of songs would be released in that exact order. it was meant to shop around the music to get a deal according to deckard. thinking of that order as an album order is misguided.
Yes, BrotherLovesDub, that is my feeling also. I never thought of this as a finished sequence for an album, especially since Dubno and all future albums have quite a few crossfades on them. These tracks also contain 2 remixes (I didn't know that at the time) so it just makes sense that they were a just a sampling of the type of songs the band was creating, showing any potential label that was interested that this is the music we create and we also do remixes. Just my thoughts.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:20 PM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

attention: the Underworld thief JPV, Jean Paul Vincent is hard at work getting these files. He has been known to sell bootlegs of Underworld material for his own financial gain. please be aware. his IP address always begins with 84.28.xx.xx though he does attempt to get around his IP being discovered.

please be aware of who you are sharing with. it's one thing to pass this around the 'true' fans (i.e. those who don't try to profit from UW's music) but another to just blindly allow assholes like JPV to download them then sell for a profit on ebay or wherever.