Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

  Dirty Forums > moments.

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-16-2009, 04:29 AM
froopy seal
amazinglytogetherpinniped
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Cheezeburg
Posts: 917
Send a message via ICQ to froopy seal
2002-11-21 Underworld @ Große Freiheit 36, Hamburg, Germany
... was my second UW live experience and the first performance in their own setting. Retrospectively, it's a nice detail that Darren Price was the support DJ. I'm wearing the t-shirt today I wore at the gig. I remember it to be a vivid crowd, jumping and sweating, containing some mature, "rocker" fans standing in the back. I sure as hell danced my feet of; esp. Rez/Cowgirl drove me mental, early in the set.

The reason for opening this thread is that I just remembered, possibly due to the t-shirt coinkydinky, that I re-found an old post-it note I scribbled down after the show, containing hints at the setlist. At the time, I was quite new into Underworld, so there might be gaps and inaccuracies all over the place. But since there is no setlist on http://uwlive.rowla.com/gigs/view/218, I gather my attempt might be better than nothing.

Mmm... Skyscraper, I Love You
Dark Train [very uncertain about this one]
Dinosaur Adventure 3D
Rez/Cowgirl
Two Months Off
King of Snake
Push Upstairs
Dirty Epic
MoMove w/ Sappy's Curry/River of Bass lyrics [Also, I took down something about Luetin...?] [Thanks for the correction, nosajmunson.]
Jumbo
Born Slippy [probably NUXX]
Pearl's Girl
Moaner

Anyone of you been there?



EDITed setlist due to next post.

Last edited by froopy seal; 08-17-2009 at 07:24 AM.
  #2  
Old 08-16-2009, 08:00 AM
nosajmunson
All day zombie cafe...
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 252
Re: Underworld @ Große Freiheit 36, Hamburg, Germany 2002-11-21
Quote:
Originally Posted by froopy seal View Post
...
Mmm... Skyscraper, I Love You
Dark Train [very uncertain about this one]
Dinosaur Adventure 3D
Rez/Cowgirl
Two Months Off
King of Snake
Push Upstairs
Dirty Epic
Dark and Long + River of Bass vocals [also, I took down something about Luetin...?]
Jumbo
Born Slippy [probably NUXX]
Pearl's Girl
Moaner

Anyone of you been there?
I have 6 MP3s from this show, but I really don't remember where I got them from. What I have shows Skyscraper, then Dark Train, then Dinosaur 3d. Then I have Dirty Epic as 8th, then MoMove (Sappy's Curry) with some river of bass lyrics, then followed by Twist.
But again, I don't remember where I got these.

Regardless, they all sound pretty good.
__________________
i hate peacocks.com
  #3  
Old 08-16-2009, 09:36 AM
froopy seal
amazinglytogetherpinniped
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Cheezeburg
Posts: 917
Send a message via ICQ to froopy seal
Re: Underworld @ Große Freiheit 36, Hamburg, Germany 2002-11-21
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosajmunson View Post
I have 6 MP3s from this show, but I really don't remember where I got them from. What I have shows Skyscraper, then Dark Train, then Dinosaur 3d. Then I have Dirty Epic as 8th, then MoMove (Sappy's Curry) with some river of bass lyrics, then followed by Twist.
But again, I don't remember where I got these.

Regardless, they all sound pretty good.
MP3s???

That bit about MoMove/Sappy's Curry with River of Bass lyrics makes sense. Firstly, I scribbled over Dark & Long; secondly, it's unlikely that they played Dark Train and Dark & Long in one set, isn't it? I'll edit my first post accordingly.
  #4  
Old 08-16-2009, 07:13 PM
nosajmunson
All day zombie cafe...
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 252
Re: Underworld @ Große Freiheit 36, Hamburg, Germany 2002-11-21
Quote:
Originally Posted by froopy seal View Post
MP3s???

That bit about MoMove/Sappy's Curry with River of Bass lyrics makes sense. Firstly, I scribbled over Dark & Long; secondly, it's unlikely that they played Dark Train and Dark & Long in one set, isn't it? I'll edit my first post accordingly.
It's all good. Your post got me to dig up some old shows. Found some goodies I forgot about. What's driving me nuts is how many shows I am missing. Somehow when I transfered all the stuff from my XP machine to my Vista machine, I lost some data. (Stupid Microsoft!)

But I am a HUGE dork. The MP3s I have are for the show are actually from the BERLIN show on 11-22-2002, not the Hamburg gig on 11-21-2002!
So, ooopppsss. I suck. I apologize.
__________________
i hate peacocks.com

Last edited by nosajmunson; 08-16-2009 at 08:30 PM.
  #5  
Old 08-17-2009, 06:29 AM
Mike
born013
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 756
Re: Underworld @ Große Freiheit 36, Hamburg, Germany 2002-11-21
Thanks for that update man, i have updated the setlist on the gigography

http://uwlive.rowla.com/gigs/view/218

... your now officially a trainspotter.

Mike
__________________
dirty.radio | Underworld Gigography
  #6  
Old 08-17-2009, 06:33 AM
froopy seal
amazinglytogetherpinniped
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Cheezeburg
Posts: 917
Send a message via ICQ to froopy seal
Re: Underworld @ Große Freiheit 36, Hamburg, Germany 2002-11-21
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosajmunson View Post
But I am a HUGE dork. The MP3s I have are for the show are actually from the BERLIN show on 11-22-2002, not the Hamburg gig on 11-21-2002!
So, ooopppsss. I suck. I apologize.
Nooooo!!! Berlin stinks!

That's alright, thanks a lot for the new UW live stuff. I didn't know about the Hamburg-Berlin double date in 2002. - But I did make sure to attend the recent double pack in Feb 2007.
  #7  
Old 08-17-2009, 06:34 AM
froopy seal
amazinglytogetherpinniped
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Cheezeburg
Posts: 917
Send a message via ICQ to froopy seal
Re: Underworld @ Große Freiheit 36, Hamburg, Germany 2002-11-21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Thanks for that update man, i have updated the setlist on the gigography

http://uwlive.rowla.com/gigs/view/218

... your now officially a trainspotter.

Mike
W00t, w00t! *handcrafting button to show off majorly*
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.