Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > static.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:33 PM
bryantm3
It's Written In The Book!

atlanta appreciation thread (56k warning)
i don't know if y'all are familiar with atlanta at all but i decided to make an atlanta appreciation thread. atlanta is so cool, i love living here. a lot of people have this image of atlanta being either a suburban city or backwards, and all of that is so wrong. i decided to post some neat pictures and stuff about atlanta that i love so much.

we have our own "central park". it's called piedmont park:

we have the tallest skyscraper in the US outside of NY and chicago:

we have awesome neighbourhoods.

this is little five points, where you'll find a ton of record stores (vinyl, i mean), crazy stores, head shops, and the occasional zombie parade:

virginia highland, the first carbon neutral neighbourhood in america and home of the yeah! burger:

one of the only cities where orthodox jews can be collard green and barbecue loving southerners:

we have a subway system:

atlanta is covered in trees, even downtown:

the olympics (with a terrorist attack at the same time) happened here, dammit, and we're not gonna let you forget it!

where you can get a horse and carriage ride... between the skyscrapers.

the rich's (macy's now— they got bought out) great tree lighting, the other celebration macy's has on thanksgiving day:

historic homes:

entire parts of the city where all the signs look like this one on buford hwy:

and where you *think* you're in downtown:

you keep driving, the skyscrapers disappear, and then you come upon this:

and you are thoroughly confused. you drive another 5 miles, the skyscrapers disappear again, and you're in a neigbourhood, and all of the sudden you see this:

so then you think "okay, THIS must be downtown." you keep driving, and then you're BACK in another neighbourhood when this looms above you:

"okay! i've finally found it!" you say, in delight. you pull off the side of the road asking where underground atlanta is and people tell you you're not in downtown.

by this time it's four AM and the fog is setting in. so you get back in the car, and drive until you see this:

"shit, this can't be it." you say. so you keep driving and you realize an hour later that you missed it and now you're in macon.

Last edited by bryantm3; 12-01-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:59 PM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

Re: atlanta appreciation thread (56k warning)
Glad you like it! Pics look nice.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:42 PM
Caprice
pants

Damn you're in Atlanta man? I'm in KY. My girlfriend is from Savannah. I got a friend living down there now she likes it real well. I should come check it out sometime, take a tour
Old 12-07-2011, 09:24 PM
bryantm3
It's Written In The Book!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caprice View Post
Damn you're in Atlanta man? I'm in KY. My girlfriend is from Savannah. I got a friend living down there now she likes it real well. I should come check it out sometime, take a tour
yeah totally you should. we need to have a dirty meetup in atlanta— i know we've got plenty of friends here.

Last edited by bryantm3; 12-09-2011 at 02:04 AM. Reason: post edited— retarded post
Old 12-08-2011, 07:48 PM
m.g.
teh n00b

Mmm... Skyscraper I love you

Never been there... (but never been anywhere else than New York and Miami in the US).

I like a lot to hear (or read) the people who love the town where they live (which is my case about Paris).

Great pictures...