Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

  Dirty Forums > moments.

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-25-2009, 02:44 PM
lowbit
future pundit
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 134
BTW, You Know That Area You Sometimes Fly Over...
...in the middle of the US, that makes the hop from NYC to LA so annoyingly long? There are, surprisingly enough, millions and millions of people that actually live there, many of whom are music fans, who may find a live performance by Underworld to be of some interest.

Just thought I'd bring that up, in case you weren't aware.
__________________
UW 0765 -- The future begins now.
  #2  
Old 05-26-2009, 01:29 AM
jose m
pants
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: london
Posts: 436
Re: BTW, You Know That Area You Sometimes Fly Over...
name one city that you think you could find 100 fans ?
just asking like.
  #3  
Old 05-26-2009, 03:22 AM
gaborez
everythingeverythingevery
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 277
Re: BTW, You Know That Area You Sometimes Fly Over...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbit View Post
...in the middle of the US, that makes the hop from NYC to LA so annoyingly long? There are, surprisingly enough, millions and millions of people that actually live there, many of whom are music fans, who may find a live performance by Underworld to be of some interest.

Just thought I'd bring that up, in case you weren't aware.
maybe you could, er, get your arse on some trains, planes and automobiles or summat?

uw are travelling a lot further to LA than you'd have to!! Just thought I'd bring that up, in case you weren't aware.

there's a fun world outside Wisconsin. go explore it. how far is it to Toronto?

Have fun
__________________
uw0155
  #4  
Old 05-26-2009, 05:57 AM
dubnobasswithme
koob!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: madison, wi
Posts: 384
Re: BTW, You Know That Area You Sometimes Fly Over...
it would be nice to see 'chicago' show up on the live dates section this time around. it's been almost 7 years since they last came through. i've flown to both san francisco and l.a. to see them in different years, but i don't have the vacation days to do that this time around. . .

if not chicago, i might be able to handle a drive to detroit too
__________________
"death? not to the death. to dinner!"

uw0006
  #5  
Old 05-26-2009, 11:18 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,509
Re: BTW, You Know That Area You Sometimes Fly Over...
asking a dude with uncertain financial straits to spend hundreds on his own for 90 minutes of a band who budget thousands as a matter of course for any kind of tour. classy.

it really wouldnt kill them to not be within 100 miles of a damn coast. go to chicago more than once a decade.
  #6  
Old 05-27-2009, 12:59 AM
jose m
pants
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: london
Posts: 436
Re: BTW, You Know That Area You Sometimes Fly Over...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubman View Post
asking a dude with uncertain financial straits to spend hundreds on his own for 90 minutes of a band who budget thousands as a matter of course for any kind of tour. classy.

it really wouldnt kill them to not be within 100 miles of a damn coast. go to chicago more than once a decade.

not one offer to go to either city this trip so i'm told. talk to the locals !
  #7  
Old 05-27-2009, 08:58 AM
spacejunk
vision, come on...
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: chicago [...via melbourne]
Posts: 251
Re: BTW, You Know That Area You Sometimes Fly Over...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jose m View Post
not one offer to go to either city this trip so i'm told. talk to the locals !
The locals are all crooks. Damn!
  #8  
Old 05-29-2009, 04:35 PM
third.toughest
Was Bruce Lee-now...
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: TX, third rock fromthe flaming ball of Hydrogen
Posts: 69
Re: BTW, You Know That Area You Sometimes Fly Over...
We love Underworld in Texas as well...
__________________
I am the killer of threads!!!
  #9  
Old 05-31-2009, 07:35 PM
Ufotofu
mouseman
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 100
Re: BTW, You Know That Area You Sometimes Fly Over...
Yeah, it would be nice if they played a non-coastal show in the US, if only because I can't afford to fly anywhere. Won't happen though.
  #10  
Old 06-02-2009, 08:14 PM
lowbit
future pundit
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 134
Re: BTW, You Know That Area You Sometimes Fly Over...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jose m View Post
name one city that you think you could find 100 fans?
Well, from the reactions at the local clubs when a DJ works in King of Snake, Two Months Off, or Cowgirl, I'd say Madison, WI for starters. And we're pretty tiny compared to Chicago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaborez
maybe you could, er, get your arse on some trains, planes and automobiles or summat? uw are travelling a lot further to LA than you'd have to!! there's a fun world outside Wisconsin. go explore it.
I've spent plenty of time outside Wisconsin, thanks, and I flew to NYC the last time UW was in the States to see them. As to whether there was "an offer" to play in Chicago, that's what promoters are for, as I'm sure Karl and Rick know.

No matter how you slice it, something's out of whack when they play a dozen shows on the coasts in the U.S. for every one they play in the midwest. Of course, if it continues this way the bit about lack of fans here will eventually become a self-fulfilling prophecy.
__________________
UW 0765 -- The future begins now.
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.