Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

  Dirty Forums > underworld.

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-01-2008, 02:29 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sunny Hawaii
Posts: 4,633
Moaner question
I was wondering, was "Moaner" written specifically for Batman & Robin, the way "Oh" and "8 Ball" were for their respective movies? Does anyone know?

Also, I wonder if the band, flush off their breakout success with Trainspotting, was all excited at the prospect of being included in a "big ticket" project like Batman & Robin? And then when they saw the movie, were they like, "oh crap..."
  #2  
Old 12-01-2008, 02:59 PM
Champiness
Once again the superstar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 549
Re: Moaner question
I'm pretty sure that Moaner began as a Batman-specific track. However, in that moment of horror in seeing George Clooney in all his rubber-nippled glory, fighting Arnold Schwarzenegger to the backing of their song, they decided to make it a Beaucoup Fish track.
  #3  
Old 12-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Newcastle upon the Tyne,UK
Posts: 2,452
Re: Moaner question
Glam Bucket was written for Sunshine but didnt make the cut.
__________________
What's a signature?
  #4  
Old 12-02-2008, 06:30 AM
holden
collateral damage
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: foothills of the front range
Posts: 2,872
Send a message via MSN to holden
Re: Moaner question
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champiness View Post
I'm pretty sure that Moaner began as a Batman-specific track. However, in that moment of horror in seeing George Clooney in all his rubber-nippled glory, fighting Arnold Schwarzenegger to the backing of their song, they decided to make it a Beaucoup Fish track.

LOL!

i get your drift. But if memory serves, "Moaner" plays during the motorcycle street race with Alicia "Clueless" Silverstone. It's also not audible enough to drown out the lousy dialog.
__________________
Believe in Billy Records
  #5  
Old 12-02-2008, 06:38 AM
Flywaver
vision
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Fens and Radsviliskis, Lithuania
Posts: 583
Re: Moaner question
I read somewhere that Moaner came off the remix of U2s Mofo.
Maybe the infamous mix does sound like Moaner
__________________
DARKTRAINDRIVER...........
  #6  
Old 12-02-2008, 06:40 AM
holden
collateral damage
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: foothills of the front range
Posts: 2,872
Send a message via MSN to holden
Re: Moaner question
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
the way "Oh" and "8 Ball" were for their respective movies?
"8 Ball" i kind of figured was specifically for The Beach, esp. given the vibe of the other tracks on that ST.
But i didn't know "Oh" was specifically for "A Life Less Ordinary" - i have the soundtrack, and it's quite eclectic, and to me "Oh" sounds a bit of a throwaway? Were the boys really "inspired" by this so-so movie to write it?
__________________
Believe in Billy Records
  #7  
Old 12-02-2008, 08:39 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: north of centre
Posts: 1,906
Re: Moaner question
i always feel that 'moaner' feels like an add-on to bf
__________________
uw0761
nutts2020
  #8  
Old 12-02-2008, 08:44 AM
crank
I'm a big sister
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: somewhere between waking and sleeping
Posts: 1,046
Re: Moaner question
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flywaver View Post
I read somewhere that Moaner came off the remix of U2s Mofo.
Maybe the infamous mix does sound like Moaner
yes it came out of that do a forum search.
  #9  
Old 12-02-2008, 09:29 AM
gaborez
everythingeverythingevery
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 281
Re: Moaner question
Quote:
Originally Posted by //\/\/ View Post
i always feel that 'moaner' feels like an add-on to bf
agreed - i'm pretty sure moaner was out long before BF, (and before the kittens download?), so when BF was released moaner was a bit of an old track stuck on the end. i recall lots of us on the forum also being a bit disappointed that it fades out early to fit on the cd...
__________________
uw0155
  #10  
Old 12-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Champiness
Once again the superstar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 549
Re: Moaner question
Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
LOL!

i get your drift. But if memory serves, "Moaner" plays during the motorcycle street race with Alicia "Clueless" Silverstone. It's also not audible enough to drown out the lousy dialog.
Apologies; I was just trying to make a general statement about the film.
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.