Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 11-13-2021, 10:30 AM
DoomofKiss
river

Missing UW Interviews (List)
Does anybody else remember these following Underworld video Interviews listed from years ago ?
1). Pinkpop 1999 Interview (Karl is interviewed either before or after the UW performance and he says something like.. "Sometimes gigs don't go always as planned, but the audience comes up to us and are like, that was the greatest show I ever seen. Well, that goes to show you how much we know lol 😆"
2). UW (KH+RS+D.E.) 1998 on a Battleship in New York MTV Interview (The UW members are being interviewed by a guy for the Beaucoup Fish album and the footage shows snippet scenes from Montreal Canada Metropolis 1998 Gig. And while Rick Smith is the background jumping around in the wind making yelling noises lol. Karl says.... "It doesn't matter what the lyrics are saying."

3). Farm Essex Website Interview for Oblivion with Bells 2008 (Karl and Rick talking about the inspiration for the OWB album while sitting on a farm and one point there was some snippet footage showing Rick Smith playing a balled on a piano.)

4). Cocoon Club Frankfurt Interview / Karl and Rick talking about the Breaking and Entering Soundtrack/Score Broadcasted on French/German TV

.... That's all what I have listed for now. Are these videos still around online or know where they might be ? And feel free to list any other UW Interviews I might have missed.

Last edited by DoomofKiss; 11-13-2021 at 10:39 AM.
Old 11-14-2021, 12:22 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: Missing UW Interviews (List)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomofKiss View Post
1). Pinkpop 1999 Interview (Karl is interviewed either before or after the UW performance and he says something like.. "Sometimes gigs don't go always as planned, but the audience comes up to us and are like, that was the greatest show I ever seen. Well, that goes to show you how much we know lol ��"
Yeah this one has interview footage interspersed with gig footage over a 34 minute program length. The gig footage was superseded by a rebroadcast of most(?) of the gig in 2014. This is the gig that a lot of the footage used in Everything , Everything came from, I think. Anyway, I still have the old video, and will probably trim out the interview footage at some point.

Quote:
2). UW (KH+RS+D.E.) 1998 on a Battleship in New York MTV Interview (The UW members are being interviewed by a guy for the Beaucoup Fish album and the footage shows snippet scenes from Montreal Canada Metropolis 1998 Gig. And while Rick Smith is the background jumping around in the wind making yelling noises lol. Karl says.... "It doesn't matter what the lyrics are saying."
I know which footage you're talking about. It was part of a day of video shooting in New York done by Graham Wood, and some of the NY footage (aside from the aircraft carrier) appeared in a promo label video, which used to be on YouTube but is no longer online. I can't remember where I saw the aircraft carrier video, but it was probably also on YouTube, and I don't know if it's still available or not.

Quote:
3). Farm Essex Website Interview for Oblivion with Bells 2008 (Karl and Rick talking about the inspiration for the OWB album while sitting on a farm and one point there was some snippet footage showing Rick Smith playing a balled on a piano.)
Yes, this was an EPK that the band produced themselves, and it was posted as a streaming video on their website. I've got a screen capture of it, but it's in no shape to be shared currently, as it needs to be edited and recompressed.

Quote:
4). Cocoon Club Frankfurt Interview / Karl and Rick talking about the Breaking and Entering Soundtrack/Score Broadcasted on French/German TV
I've uploaded this video here. I'm not sure if this is the one you're talking about or not:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/b6kct...2006).mp4/file
Old 11-14-2021, 07:46 AM
DoomofKiss
river

Cool yes that's the full unedited video of Karl and Rick talking about The River Run Series (just downloaded now, thank you ) and the other version I also mean is the Special Broadcasted by Arte Tracks TV in German/French which shows footage of Sven Vath & UW both playing at Cocoon with Slideshow visuals which also contains snippet scenes from the Breaking and Entering Movie towards the end. Do you have that particular video also ?
Old 11-15-2021, 05:17 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

I don’t think i’m familiar that one.