Dirty Forums > underworld.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2010, 05:59 AM
cacophony
disquietude

Re: going broke on barking
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Obviously, I/we have no control over what appears on uwlive.com. But the ordering information has been posted several times on this forum and the Born Dirty news feed in an effort to get the information out. I don't know what more we can do.

...Yes, well, I spend a lot of time researching this information and updating it, and making sure it's accurate, and trying to disseminate it. So I hope you'll understand if I get a bit miffed when someone starts a new thread with inaccurate information which is then repeated ($40?!!) several times in the thread by other people.
i'm not saying you guys aren't doing a good job compiling information and making it available. the problem is that i just came back after several months of not visiting the forum and many of the stickied threads are so many pages long that i'd end up spending lots of time to find all of the posts that are relevant. if a thread starts back when the single is released and on page, say, 6 updated information is posted, i promise you i (and many people) will never find it.

my initial post was intended more as a question, because i don't have oodles of time in my day to go digging for info. and i don't have time to read through 15 pages of barking release discussion to find a nugget of information that, for all i know, may or may not be there. i went to UW live because that's all the band promotes these days, and what i found was a trip down currency conversion lane and an $84 price tag. i posted because i kept thinking, surely this can't be the only way to get my hands on this release. someone will know the answer.

if you're frustrated (understandably so) that you invest time and effort into researching and presenting helpful information, maybe consider closing sticky threads or making them mod/admin only so the updated information doesn't get lost in all of the discussion. or not, it's your site and you can run it however you want. i'm just saying that if your goal is to make information easily accessible and reduce some of the FAQ repetition of thread topics, closing stickies to prevent them from becoming unwieldy would help.